Friday, April 27, 2007

Show and Tell Friday


It's time for another game of show and tell. Head on over to Kelli's to participate.


Verne is an only child, but his mother always desired to have more children. My mother in law has always treated me as her own little girl. She can sew something for me, and it fits perfectly every time. She rejoices in finding me just the right gifts. This past Christmas I was delighted to receive a platter, serving bowl and mug. I LOVE the colors, and the patterns on them.








Not only are the pieces functional
and lovely to look at, but they bear
my name on the bottom as well!











I display the bowl on top of the armoire in the dining room. It holds the napkin rings that Autumn made .

27 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous!! I am blessed by a wonderful MIL also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. How wonderful to have someone that loves you like her own daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it sounds like your mother-in-law is one of your treasures! : ) I love your dishes, and they would look so good in my eat-in room when I finally finish sewing the curtains and painting the walls!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the striped pattern on the outside....and all the colors, too. and how neat that your name's on it! :) very nice to have a thoughtful mother-in-law like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful pieces. I think it is neat that your name is on the bottom of them too. What a sweet mother in law you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and very cool that your name is on them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful Tracy, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is some truly beautiful pottery, Tracy. The green in the leaves matches your walls. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tracy I did page back and find your teapots. That is neat! It does look like the same pattern to the plate and cup and saucer that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How special your MIL sounds! What a blessing!
    The pottery is so unusual, I LOVE it! Especially with your name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful dishes. You are so lucky to have a wonderful relationshop with your mother in law. That is something quite rare.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! And I love that your name is on it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dishes are just beautiful and I love how they have your name on the bottom!!! What a blessing to have such a sweet mother-in-law!!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful!!! How cool that they bear your name as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too have a wonderful Mother-In-Love.

    The dishes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are so beautiful! How sweet of her to get them for you and to love you as her own.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing about your MIL, your mutual love, and her gift of dishes. They are very pretty! Also, I love the "porch picture" at the top of your blog!! Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! I love the deep red color especially!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your mother-in-law sounds a loot like my mom -- she delighted in finding just the right gifts for people.

    Those are lovely, and it is neat that your name is on them as well!

    Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your mother-in-law sounds alot like mine. Very thoughtful and giving. Those dishes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely beautiful. They would, by the way, go PERFECTLY in my home. I have a wall in my family room that same red, and my curtains are amazingly similar. I will HAVE to show you a picture sometime. What a nice MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely set & they are special with your name on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, they're beautiful! I love the colors and pattern so much!
    What a blessing, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey there Tracy...

    Those are great pieces! I like the red in them too!

    Hey, your interview questions are up on my blog! Thanks for volunteering for me...I hope that you have fun with it and I look forward to finding out even more about you!

    Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a delightful set and you were meant to have them as they have your name on them! lol You are so lucky to have such a wonderful MIL...I never got to know mine and I have a feeling I missed out on something!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This was fun to share with all of you today. Welcome to all of you who have never been here before. I hope that you'll come back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy