Friday, May 18, 2007

The Anatomy of an Apron


Last week I mentioned that this past Monday, May 14, was National Apron Day. I hosted an apron giveaway to celebrate the day.

Monday- pick and announce the winner -Carol from Christian Women Online blog

Tuesday- hear from Carol as to her waist size and color preference

Wednesday- shop for fabric and notions

Thursday-cut out pattern and begin to sew

Friday- finish up waistband and ties. Post pics for Kelli's Show and Tell!

I love working on handmade projects. It's so exciting to see the pieces come together to make something lovely. I also enjoy praying for the recipient as I work.


This project was fun, but it was difficult to find something attractive and neutral. I hope that Carol will be pleased. All I need now is Carol's mailing address, and she'll finally be the owner of one apron.

30 comments:

  1. I think the apron looks great! You did a fabulous job. I am sure Carol is going to love it. What a very sweet thing you did.
    Hugs,
    Trella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, that is one lovely apron. I really want to learn how to sew. I say that all the time! What is stopping me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know...if Carol doesn't want it...I would gladly take it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, Tracy! I love the fabric and the trim...so pretty! I'm sure Carol will be very happy with it!!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful apron! Your choices in the colors are great. What a nice apron for Carol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely apron, Tracy. Now I'm waiting even more eagerly for the sewing machine to be fixed so that I can finally learn how to use it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy, I loved seeing the whole process! The apron turned out just adorable. I think she'll be very happy, I would be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that apron. You are so talented.

    That was fun to see the whole process.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She will love it and the fact you *prayed* for her will be her favorite part I'm sure! What a neat idea for a drawing. Have a blessed weekend!

    BTW: I'm with Lady_MSnow on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy, your apron is truly lovely! And, I learned a lot too. I am just barily learning how to sew... something I was never taught and I got so much out of your post. Thank you! Carol must be excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow it looks great. I don't know how to sew but seeing this almost tempts me to try.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    Lyndy

    ReplyDelete
  12. very neat! I still need to get me an apron :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty Tracy - I like you color and fabric choices. Great job, I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aprons are a gift to treasure! I remember both of grandmothers wearing aprons everyday! WITH POCKETS for surprises! or whatever was needed...or to tuck in a lost button or safety pin or whatever else they may come across that was out of place and needed a ride back to where ever it came from!
    My granny had a "fishing" apron too. Great precious memories...thanks for sharing your talent!!! I may just have to do a post on aprons on my blog! I will add your link!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The apron is lovely! You are so very sweet to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute apron...she should love this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a beautiful apron you made and I've no doubt that Carol will love it!! My name is Carole too but with an "e" at the end:-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is such a pretty apron! Lucky Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How I love aprons! And yours is lovely and all the more so since you made it yourself!
    Blessings to You!-Claudia O.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I love aprons! Thanks for sharing yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a darling pattern!!! I love it!!! Were you working in your kitchen, if so are kitchens could be twins! I have the same chairs and my walls are green!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks really nice! I love aprons but I've never worn one. I think I'd be too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You do a lovely apron, Tracy. I can tell you enjoy sewing. I just bought the fabric and diapers to make the burp cloths for a new baby in June. I got the pattern and idea from Bev at Chelsea Morning. I do love a good crafty blog :)

    What a great idea to show and tell it too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such pretty fabric ~ I think you made a very good choice. :o) It was fun watching the work unfold. (And I really like those side-type pockets. Very handy!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous apron! You did a fantastic job! And I LOVE your topper...it's beautiful!
    Have a great weekend!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful! I know she will be pleased to have this home-made gift from you!! You're so kind to do that!

    I love your new blog look as well!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty! You do very good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The apron looks great! I happen to LOVE ric-rac! Carol is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, that turned out beautifully! Great job, Tracy! That was really sweet of you to hold this contest:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy