Sunday, June 24, 2007

Saturday Evening Around the Fire

Saturday evening the children had some friends over for a cookout and some games. Adults were in and out all evening, and I think that everyone had a good time.




Hot dogs cooked on an open fire.
Baked beans, chips, and all the fixin's.






I used a Candy Land lunch box to keep the napkins clean, and to keep them from blowing away.








Grandma enjoyed the food and the antics of the children.










Hanging out and having fun.











Playing badminton,






and roasting marshmallows.








Have you invited friends over recently? What about your children's friends? Remember that you don't have to make a gourmet meal. People are just happy to be invited and spend time with you.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy, Gosh your party looked like fun!! Especially the hotdogs and marshmallows in the fire! (reminds me of our annual family camping trip) You are blessed to have grandparents around for the kids...we, unfortunately have always lived far away from extended family. Thanks for sharing your fun times with us! Blessings, Diane Oh, P.S.... I have a little "blogging survey" going over at "my place". Would love to get your input if you could drop over and let me know what you think! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure looks like some summer fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can almost smell those hotdogs and marshmallows roasting! It looks like such a fun evening together with family and friends!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun was certainly had by all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like everybody had fun! I need to set a badmitton set up. That would be fun. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like your get-together was a complete success. Gosh, I haven't had a hot dog over the fire in...well...years. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy,

    This is just what my grandchildren enjoy.....it's time for outside grilling at our house....thanks for reminding me.....Betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy, what a fun summer evening around the campfire. The pics were great too!

    We had friends over both Friday and Saturday evening this past weekend to grill and play badminten too(I think we are going to keep the net up all summer. what about you?). Unfortunately, the "girl team" lost each match. Hee. Hee. It was fun though! And, I appreciate you mentioning that it doesn't have to be anything elaborate when having guests, the fellowship is what's key.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your party looks and sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a super ton of fun!
    Love the picture of me, btw. It's probably the best one. ;)

    We should do it again sometime,
    like soon.

    But at my house this time!
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. FUN, FUN!!

    We're having out of town friends over this weekend and I can't wait!

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a fun event!

    We had visitors yesterday afternoon and I was surprised to hear that they had never been invited to someone's house for lunch or dinner since they have lived here---3 years! We had a wonderful time and the kids went swimming and we ate alot! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like so much fun! Hospitality is a treasure isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a wonderful evening around the camp fire.

    You are so right...you don't have to make a big meal...the main thing is enjoying each others company and having a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for letting us have people over!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sheri,
    We leave our badminton net up all summer too. We play alot in the evenings when it gets a little cooler!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy