We had company this week from Sunday afternoon until Tuesday morning. I made this coffee cake from Anna's recipe at Pleasant View Schoolhouse. Our family loves it. It was a hit with our company as well. I asked Anna for permission to reprint the recipe here. She was kind enough to oblige. If you haven't already, check her blog out. She's very inspiring!
*Schoolhouse Coffee Cake*
Heat oven to 350.
In large bowl (I use my Kitchenaid mixer) mix:
2 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. sugar
1 T. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/3 c. oil
1 c. rice milk (or soy or regular, of course)
1 egg
until blended, then beat for 2 minutes. Spread in greased 13x9 pan.
Spread evenly over top:
1 can well-drained sour cherries (not pie filling!!
or
1 c. frozen blueberries
or
1 c. cranberries
Sprinkle evenly with this streusel:
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. flour
1 t. cinnamon
3 T. oil
lightly tossed together with fork.
Bake until set and edges are lightly browned, about 40 minutes.
Feel free to substitute white for whole wheat flour
Yummy!!! Another recipe to try - I can't wait!!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds really, really yummy!!
ReplyDeleteMmmm...I have tried a few of Anna's recipes and they are always wonderful!!! I love coffee cake so I'm printing this out!
ReplyDeleteKelli
Sounds great. I have so many wonderful recipes from your blog. I tried out your zucchini quiche the other day and it was a wonderful easy dinner.
ReplyDeleteMMNN! Another yummy recipe. I love coffee cake.
ReplyDeleteI am going to try this, it looks wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteI am going to make this Saturday morning.
Looks yummy!! Just wanted to let you know I have returned to blogville with a new name and address. You can now visit me at: www.awateredgarden.blogspot.com. I will be back for a visit and to catch up on reading postings made during my recent sabbatical. Blessings, Diane
ReplyDeleteThis looks great, Tracy!!
ReplyDelete