Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Poetic Blouse

Whew! I finished a poet style blouse for myself this afternoon.

click to enlarge

It took quite awhile, as this was the most intricate pattern that I have tried. There are tiny pintucks or pleats across the bodice.



I was pleased with the results, after MANY alterations! I had the main body sewn together, tried it on, and had to rip it apart because it was HUGE on me. It's still rather flowy, but the bust fits well, and it's very cute. The sleeves were made in three sections, and are very feminine.

22 comments:

  1. Your blouse is so pretty. I love pintucks. I've never used them on one of my garments, just those for the girls. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blouse...it is very poetic.....

    No, I wouldn't think the eggs are edible....I need to research that...God bless....Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blouse. It is very pretty.
    Your header looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the style of your blouse and the fabric. I also like the new picture in your header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's beautiful! Look at those even pintucks - you did well. I get frustrated when I have to alter and then I'm terrible about not finishing - way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pleats on the front are great! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful-love the color and all the details. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this blouse! You are a stitching machine these days!

    The pintucks are SO elegant...I have enjoyed them for years but have never made them myself. Of course, I have never made any clothing for myself though either. Only aprons. :-) Are they difficult to make?

    The neckline, the color, the pintucks. Everything about this blouse screams daintiness and elegance. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful blouses you have made! Would you be willing to share the pattern information on the other peasant style blouse that you posted recently--the one where you lengthened the arms and lowered the bustline? I'd love to make a blouse like that, too. It's so pretty, and so much more modest than what I've been seeing in the stores these past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rebecca,
    The pintucks weren't difficult to make, just a little time consuming. I was pleasantly surprised with the ease of them though.

    Karen,
    I used McCalls pattern 5050 for the peasant blouse. It's very quick. Once it's cut out, it goes together in about an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely and feminine. So far, I love everything you've made for yourself and your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so pretty, Tracy! I especially like the sleeves on this one. And your pintucks are perfect!!! That is such a hard thing to get straight. I made a dress for July 4th that had pintucks, and I was well acquainted with my seam ripper by the time it was made. ;0)
    I also love the header picture. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks very pretty, and comfortable. You did a really good job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boy I bet this was a difficult one with all those tucks. You certainly did a beautiful job on it as always.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Tracy, your blouse is sooo pretty!
    You are so talented...love those pintucks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE the pattern, it looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This blouse is so very pretty! I love the color.

    Please stop by my blog, I have something for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tracy that is absolutely beautiful. I have got to get some sewing done like that. You know, clothes! I have not sewn clothes for myself since I was pregnant with my first child. OK, that was 25 years ago. My sewing has been all crafts and home decor and stuff for little kids.

    I am glad you liked the names. I wanted to do yours but I know you don't like memes. I should have just done yours for show and not for playing back. Oh, well. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your new blog header is such a sweet one. So warm and friendly and welcoming. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful blouse! It's very feminine and soft looking! Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you, Tracy, for the pattern number for the peasant blouse and for commenting on my blog, too! I thanked you there as well, but decided that I'd better thank you here, too, so that you'll know how much I appreciate your response. I love the idea of making the pretty lunch plates that you posted since my last visit here. I wonder if my husband would enjoy that, too? Probably not, but my girlfriends definitely would. What wonderful memories are you creating with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOHHHHH this IS really nice! The pintucks scare me. LOL! But I will have to check it out and keep my eye out for the 99cent pattern sale! Any tips for the skirt??

    btw - in reading the comments, someone mentioned eggs. If the eggs are not cooked, you can tell if they are edible by putting them in a glass of slightly salted water. If they float, they are bad. If they sink, they are good, and if they hover on their tip, proceed with caution! LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy