Friday, October 12, 2007

Show and Tell Friday: Library Book Sale


Welcome to Show and Tell Friday at Kelli's house. This week our library was having the big annual book sale. I spent a whopping $10.25, and brought home several bags full. My treasures included stacks of Victoria and Country Living magazines, books on decorating, soapmaking, gifts to make, a tape series by R.C. Sproul, three little gift books, and three DVDs! Not a bad deal!

32 comments:

  1. I love Victoria Mag. but only have a few as I discovered it only months before they stopped publishing.

    Enjoy your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What bargains!!! I was curious what the tape series by Sproul was on. His commentary after 9/11 was one of the best I've heard.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZA!!!!

    That is the BEST. I am seeing GREEN over here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous that you have a DVD of That Girl! I absolutely loved her when I was a kid. I wanted to dress fabulously, live in my own apartment and a have a boyfriend named donald because of her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bargains! I have almost all of the old Victoria magazines! Can't wait until the new one comes out next month!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's what I call booty!!!! I love books. And the book fairs are always seeing me in attendance. Way to go.

    Drop by for some hard candies? I'd love to see you visit my Show N Tell if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love library book sales!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Victoria magazine!!! So hard to find them here in Canada..not all stores carry them..ITs such a pretty magazine isnt it!! Enjoy it lots!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great deal. I LOVE books, and it is so hard to pass them up. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You really scored! What is the thing with That Girl on the cover? Is that a book or a DVD? I LOVE That Girl! TV Land had a marathon of it and I recorded most of it. She was soooo cute!

    Hugs! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great deal! I have the same soapmakers book :). Thanks for sharing your find with us.
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't even know dvd's of That Girl were available. Loved that show.

    I subscribed to Victoria Mag from beginning to end. Had every. single. issue. Did a thorough cleaning and gave them to hubby to recycle. arghghghg...hindsight is 20/20. I'll give you $5 for the Victoria Mags, Tracy! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You are so incredibly lucky! I am just a little jealous, especially of those craft books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are great, Tracy! I love library sales. I've gotten some great cookbooks from the library! And, you just can't beat the prices! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did good girl!! Fun deals...

    ReplyDelete
  17. We did the same last week!! I spent a little over ten dollars and got Anne tapes, lots of children books and about 9 books for myself--Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Tracy :) Congratulations on your wonderful finds - how fun! Have a blessed wknd! Q

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great haul! You did great! That inspires me to go look at those library sales. I went once and didn't find anything.

    Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  20. You came home with wonderful deals. I love to purchase books and magazines!

    Thanks for sharing
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's very cool - what a bargain! Oh yeah, I see "That Girl" among your purchases - used to watch that show on TV faithfully back in the day. I loved to see her clothes - very stylish at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love buying cheap magazines! Great find for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha! I read Yours, Mine and Ours when I was a kid. And That Girl(!) how fun.

    I'd love to share those magazines with you. After you have torn out your articles and cut out your pictures and recipes (heehee). At least, that is how it goes around here.

    Good haul friend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This does look like a very good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh lucky you! So many treasures for such a good price! Lucky you!

    Unfortunately, I don't know that Victoria Mag but I've seen Country Living magazines on other blogs. Well and I would LOVE to read it, too! But unfortunately, your US magazines are not available here in Germany... ;-((

    Happy reading (now that the days are getting shorter).

    Have a blessed week-end!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a loot! I love library sales, I always find wonderful children's books.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You got a great deal on your book and magazines from the library.
    Enjoy your great finds. They all look like ones I'd enoy too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes, it does look like you got a great deal! That's great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy