Friday, February 8, 2008

Show and Tell Friday


Welcome to Show and Tell Friday hosted by Kelli. Join in the fun if you feel inclined to do so!

Since Valentine's Day is next week, my daughter Autumn thought I should show you the gift that my husband gave me five years ago. Normally, when he asks me what I want for Valentine's Day, I say, "Kisses and hugs." (Real ones, not Hershey's.) That particular year, I told him I wanted something pink. He did very well at buying me just the right thing!

On Valentine's Day 2003, he came home with this:

When I opened it, I found this:

a beautiful Kunzite ring!

It is indeed pink! BUT, when the light hits it a certain way, it can look very pale lavender, or almost clear. This isn't a ring that I wear everyday, but I cherish it!

You may click on the images to enlarge them.

post signature

25 comments:

  1. What great gift...Beautiful ring.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOHHHH very nice! He did really good!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, it's lovely!! He did a nice job picking it out for you. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was cool--my MIL has one similar to that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an awesome husband. i LOVE the ring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm speechless!!!! Wow.

    My Show n Tell is posted, I do hope you can find time to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet story. The ring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely ring. You said pink and he did good! Good man you must have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, Tracy. I like the rose box, too. Never seen one like that. Neat.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful ring. How cute your daughter wanted you to share it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hubby did real good. It's great that with just the prompting of something pink he came up with that lovely ring. Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is beautiful, Tracy! I love the oval shape. I also wanted to tell you that I love the soap you've been making, too. I'd like to do that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one beautiful ring, missy. :o) Your hubby's a keeper, for sure and certain.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! What a good husband you have.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful ring and the stone is gorgeous. I love pale pink.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's beautiful! How thoughtful of him!

    Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful DH!!! He did awesome! I love it when you praise your DH!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was the neatest little box, I have ever seen. The ring is gorgeous! :o)

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful surprise and *beautiful* ring! Such a delicate color!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely ring, beautiful thoughts,
    thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just dropping by today to send along my heartfelt thanks for such a lovely happy birthday wish! Y'all made my day so special, and I cherished every single wish left in my comments. You're a treasure!!! Thank you kindly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! What a sweet post and lovely ring. Your hubby did good!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful!!<3 wow, you're so lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy