Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What We're Working On

Autumn recently finished knitting a dishcloth for me. I love it, and it's being used already.



She's also got another one in progress.


I'm making her two skirts.


One will be tiered, the other will be a wrap skirt, made from the directions in Sew What Skirts. There are two corrections for this book, should you decide to buy it or borrow it from the library. The corrections can be found here.

Last weekend, I took a class on making a hand- embroidered sewing pouch. I'm loving working with the embroidery, as I've never done it before! Here's a sneak peek:

This is a cheery little needle case. I'll be sure to show you more when it's done.



31 comments:

  1. Oh those are beautiful! Hand knitted dishcloths are my FAVORITE. They really do make washing dishes so much better... and those that Autumn made are beautiful!

    Your embroidery is so sweet. I just love learning new things!

    Hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dishcloths are wonderful and your embroidery is beautiful...wow! And are those bleeding hearts I see? I'm going to have to try that too!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli,
    YES! They are bleeding hearts! I'm glad that you recognized them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Tracy great projects...I love embroidery...I have never used beads and just love the look...
    so pretty.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects!! I need to make more time for crafting!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tracy,

    I love the embroidery!! That is super cool and so pretty.

    Oh yea I love knitted rags, I need to make some more.

    Oh yea, I like the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the knitted dishclothes that I was given a year ago....can you tell me how to make them? is it straight knit stitch or pearling as well? I'd love to make some new ones as mine are now grey with age and use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi WAYS OF ZION,

    Autumn used the straight knit stitch to make these cloths. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've long enjoyed embroidery but never thought to incorporate it into a needle case. I just love what you've done, Tracy. :o)

    *very* nice dishcloths! It would appear as if your daughter is following in your footsteps quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, it is pouring rain today, so a perfect project to keep nesting hands busy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You girls have sure been crafty! I love the embroidery. It is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your daughter did such a good job on the knitted dishcloths!

    Your embroidery is beautiful and I wouldn't have thought you were a beginner if you hadn't told us. :) This is one area I haven't really tried yet. I'm trying to finish up some knitting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your needlework skills are so perfect! Lovely, work!
    I also have a dishcloth out of the same cotton yarn as your first one. Autumn did a wonderful job on yours, and the colors in the second picture are pretty, too. I think these cloths do so much better than the store-bought ones, anyway.
    You gals are busy, busy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have so enjoyed looking over your blog...You are kind of where I want to be in five years or so:-) I love the work you do with your daughter. I need ideas for keeping my sons busy...they don't like the idea of knitting:-) I have also loved learned about Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so beautiful! I LOVE the colours of the dishcloths...tell Autumn she's a clever girl!

    I love the fabrics too...oh and the gorgeous embroidery...your talents are unending Tracy...what an inspiration to us!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the blue, white, and green dishcloth! Tell Autumn "great job!"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your little embroidered needle case is sweet and tell Autumn that she did a wonderful job with those knitted dishcloths :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, I love hearing about your projects - it means I'm soon going to see the finished product and I can't wait!!

    The dishcloths are so nice, aren't they? Has she tried the diaganol one yet? It has a step to 'yarn over' after the first two stitches and it makes a nice border around the rag - let me know if you need a link - if she is interested in doing other patterns! Although, what am I saying, I'm sure you both have all the access you need to find more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice! Thank you for visiting my blog!

    I always am so encouraged to find other godly women online!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those needlecases and felt embroidery are STUNNING! I LOVE them. The blue flower made of beads is gorgeous! You can't even see the thread attaching them! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the knit dishclothes!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  22. I make the basic stitched dishclothes too 'cept I use 2 strands of yarn and make it a bit thicker and a smaller cloth of 25 stitches and 25 rows to fit my dainty (chubby) hand. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The embroidery is beautiful...and your daughters dishcloths are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the bleeding hearts on your sewing pouch. I also like the knitted dishcloths. I just made some for my soon to be Daughter-in-love.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a pretty and feminine post! I love the inclusion of buttons and beads in the embroidery ~ sweet! Nothing is better than knitted dishcloths. And the fabrics are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, Mrs. K,

    Autumn's dishcloths are beautiful! I haven't tried knitting any yet. I crocheted three of them on vacation.

    Autumn's skirts will be so cute! I can't wait to see them!

    I was thrilled that she was accepted for the Entreprenuerial Camp! I just read it on her blog! WHOO HOO! Has Collin heard anything yet?

    Talk to you all later!

    -Stacie

    PS. OH! I LOVE your blog redo! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  28. fabulous. man i love handiwork. gives me special memories of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Coming back with another comment - after Kelli linked here. Before I forget, do you have any other sites or book recommendations for learning some basic embroidery stitches? I've got a project with just the outline, but I need to decide which stitches to use.

    Thanks Tracy! You can email me if you like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your embroidery is so pretty. I see you inspired Kelli to do some of her own.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So many pretty colors! And your embroidery is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy