Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Home Improvement


Have you ever read the book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie? We've been busy as bees around here this past week, and one thing leads to another. It all started Saturday when our dining room window was torn out, and replaced by a sliding glass door.


This means that the room needs painted now. Oh yeah, and I can officially spring clean. I was waiting for the big mess to be over. No sense in having to do things twice, right?


The door project left Verne with work to do as well. He needs to replace the vinyl siding on the back of the house, and he's building a deck.

He also planted six trees this past weekend.

Collin and I have spread 46 bags of mulch over the course of two days. We've moved flowers around, and planted a few new ones.

The flower beds look very happy for all of our work,


and we've been sleeping well!


19 comments:

  1. WOW! What a great change, love the French doors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!
    WE want to do the same thing - replace a window in our living room with french doors out to our yard. Not this year, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks stunning! What a difference those doors make! And a PATIO! You must be TERRIBLY excited!

    Thanks for sharing all your wonderful pictures of plants. I am a real sucker for landscaping with plants. Beautiful!

    (PS> Beautiful flooring in your dining room too-wowza!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The French doors are wonderful and the landscaping looks beautiful.

    You're all so hard at work that you'll be glad when the new deck is finished and you can relax and read a favourite book :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you've been getting tons done! It looks wonderful! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the door. I will have to look for that book, never heard of it. Everything just looks so neat and fresh:)

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a few good projects to get everyone nice and tired!!

    Your projects look wonderful! I'm sure that sliding door and deck will be wonderful!

    The dress looks great too - I've never done french seams, but it really took it down another size?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those doors and your flowers and EVERYTHING..I bet you are sleeping...my body would be aching.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh...your new door is beautiful and how wonderful it will be to walk out onto a deck! You all have been hard at work and your flowed beds look great too!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, you guys are busy there, too! I know what you mean about the one thing leading to another. (and we LOVE that book btw) Also "If You Give a Moose a Muffin" is a fav.
    Your landscaping is looking very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa! That *is* a change. It was pretty before but now it's beautiful! Hard work but oh so worth it, hm? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous!! Could you come over and help me do some home renovations? Oh, and maybe dig some new flower beds too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Tracy, you and your family have been doing a lot of work. The french doors look great and you will love your new deck when your finished.

    Also your flower beds look so good and neat. Simply Beautiful.

    A lot of work but worth it, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey. Nice home improvement! I love the sliding glass door! That is very exciting about the pool and deck! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That will totally be worth all the work. I love the french doors off the dining room!!!! Really it looks like all the hard work is done. Also, the outdoor beds look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Everything looks great. Those sliding doors will be wonderful leading out to a deck!

    LOVE the beds of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's very fantastic. Your house looks like illuminating, it's very attractive that you'll appreciate it while having your meal with your family. It’s simply to brighten your mood. Have you experience to take some professional advice from contractors? Well I suggest you to visit New York Bathroom Remodeling you may find interesting ideas for your home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the doors....it looks great!! And, all the lovely weed-free flower beds...I'm feeling inspired now! OH, I love the floor in the dining room, too...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so impressed!! wow. Your home is always so lovely.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy