Abigail is really taking initiative in cleaning. She has to be reminded to do a good job, and I tell her that we do all things for the glory of God, meaning we must always give our best effort. She is eager to please. Last night, we attended a Bible study, and Verne and I were so pleased that Abigail paid close attention and answered many questions.
Autumn sewed by herself several times this week. She made a wrap skirt and an apron for the American Girl sized dolls.
Collin is learning how to figure the materials needed for a chain link fence. He's talked to several adults in the community, and learned to ask for better prices. He has been diligent, and has already finished his school for the year.
Mac is making wise decisions on his own regarding school, and managing his time. He's a busy guy with a full honors load, a job, Boy Scouts, and his band.
Sure, I trained them. But you know what? They have minds of their own, and they're using them wisely!
Proverbs 6:6-8
Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest.
I wish I could sew that well--you must be so proud of all your children!
ReplyDeleteJulieann
It must be a wonderful feeling to see the fruits of your labors over the years!!
ReplyDeleteI can see why you're proud. (o:
ReplyDeleteyou should run a boarding house where cityslicker-non domestic moms like myself can send their girls to get useful knowledge. You're doing a great job!
ReplyDeleteYour children are such blessings, Tracy! I love the new doll outfits!
ReplyDelete~Kelli
My Miss Sunshine has just begun sewing machine lessons with my Mum, who has promised to teach her...whilst I will continue to supervise her practice of each new skill between lessons. It certainly is a great pleasure to see our children valuing the learning of these precious skills.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I love your cupcake apron!
You have every reason to be proud of their accomplishments. They seem like wonderful kids!
ReplyDeleteTracy, you are so blessed. Your children make you one proud Mom!
ReplyDeleteTracy...
ReplyDeleteKuddos to you and your mothering...
Great job ....
Deby
Wow! What a great sewing job. You must be very proud and isn't it wonderful to see the fruits of your labor? Great job, Mom!
ReplyDeleteI think congratulations are in order! Yes, they have minds of their own, but they were guided through the years.....
ReplyDeleteWe were JUST looking through the American Girl Doll catalog and (because this is the first time I really cared to "look" now that Pink Girl is here) noticed how expensive the outfits are. I told my mom they MUST make patterns for these...is that what the patterns are for? Or are these just regular doll patterns. She is doing a great job, by the way!
ReplyDeleteTracy,
ReplyDeleteAny 18" doll pattern will fit the American Girl dolls.
You are blessed indeed! :)
ReplyDeleteHi, Mrs. K!
ReplyDeleteThat are such cute doll outfits that Autumn made! My favorite one is the historical dress! :) lol I can't wait to see her new wrap skirt!