builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1a
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Flower Envy
This flower doesn't belong to me. Unfortunately. Nope, it's actually in my parent's backyard. In Pennsylvania. I took this photo, and an even better one when we were back visiting. I have poppy envy. And peony envy, too.
I guess someone sprinkled poppy seeds (**not** from the bakery section ~ lol) up and down the medians in our little town. There are large sections where red poppies are growing instead of grass. It's awfully random which leads me to believe it was not planned landscaping, but whoever mows was thoughtful enough to mow around these areas. It's really rather lovely and wild looking.
Being from California where there are poppies everywhere I have to say that the poppy is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!! Did you know there is such a thing as Peony poppies and they look just like peonies? Yup it's true... I have the seeds and just need to get them planted... Wishing you a blessed day!
Just stopping by to say hello. It has been awhile. I haven't been blogging much: posting nor commenting. I hope to get more time for it. I am not working anymore. So glad to be at home with my kids again. I'm looking for another job that will work much better with my kids schedules (being in school) and my husbands job.
I love oriental poppies. They are so bright and cheery!
ReplyDeleteI love Poppies too..when we lived in England there were fields of them..beautiful
ReplyDeleteDeby
Very pretty!!
ReplyDeleteI have any kind of flower envy - I'm still working at developing my green thumb...its coming along!
Oh, I do love peonies....I'm full of envy here ;)
ReplyDeleteI guess someone sprinkled poppy seeds (**not** from the bakery section ~ lol) up and down the medians in our little town. There are large sections where red poppies are growing instead of grass. It's awfully random which leads me to believe it was not planned landscaping, but whoever mows was thoughtful enough to mow around these areas. It's really rather lovely and wild looking.
ReplyDeleteI love poppies...the roadsides in Europe are covered with them.
ReplyDeleteI can see why, the picture is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteBeing from California where there are poppies everywhere I have to say that the poppy is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteDid you know there is such a thing as Peony poppies and they look just like peonies? Yup it's true...
I have the seeds and just need to get them planted...
Wishing you a blessed day!
...me too! Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteOh, it is so pretty:)
ReplyDeletejulieann
Those are beautiful. We have a pink peony plant in our new yard and I'm anxious for it to bloom!
ReplyDeleteI was just telling another blogger that my Peony bush started out so pretty but alas it was too delicate for a deluge of rain...sigh....
ReplyDeleteHave a Happy ☺ Day!
The poppies ARE very nice, but I LOVE peonies. Unfortunately, it's much too hot where I live so they don't grow here. :-(
ReplyDeleteVery pretty flower.
ReplyDeleteI love this time of year.
Just stopping by to say hello.
It has been awhile.
I haven't been blogging much: posting nor commenting.
I hope to get more time for it.
I am not working anymore.
So glad to be at home with my kids again. I'm looking for another job that will work much better with my kids schedules (being in school) and my husbands job.
Wow, that sure is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteso so so pretty! envious here too!
ReplyDelete