Friday, June 13, 2008

Kitchen Cheer


I've been looking for a tablecloth for the kitchen table for quite some time. It's a small dinette, making it difficult. I think this new quilt made from vintage table linens is just perfect, don't you?

PS.~ Sadly, I wasn't the one who constructed this beauty!

28 comments:

  1. That is a lovely idea, and I have a particular love for table clothes. Did you make it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute idea! I like the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY pretty and colorful and cheerful as well! I just made a suggestion to the Apron Queen about covering tablecloths with clear vinyl to protect them from stains and spills. You can buy it at most fabric stores or even Wal Mart carries it in their craft and fabrics section!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really nice! I love the look of the vintage cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea. And it's just perfect for the wood style and the color of the table! Perfect indeed. Great idea.

    Happy Show N Tell day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous!! I would be so afraid of messing it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute look. Quilts make things look so comfy and homey.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks very pretty and is very appropriated for a kitchen !

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks wonderful!

    I love to use quilts on dining tables and I think it protects the wood quite nicely as well.

    Lovely, just *lovely*! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely!
    I guess what matters is that the quilt ended up in your possession!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks beautiful - what an awesome idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Yes. It is quilted, isn't it?
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of using quilts as tablecloths. Your table looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea! Love the vintage linens!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like quilts on tables. Very homey looking. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Polka Dot Perfection!! Love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea! I have a huge Amish table but I could use a smaller vintage one and make it bigger... awesome.

    ~jen

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fab idea!! But I sure would be afraid of getting jam, coffee, and maple syrup on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a neat idea. I would never have thought of that so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it and I love your banner. I love strawberries. They are my favorite food. I'm going to make me a table cloth like that now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tracy, what a great way to cover a table.

    I received my darling apron in the mail this week, thank you so much! It is just perfect and the colors are really fun!

    Thanks again, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cheery. I think it looks amazing.

    I'm starting to think I need a thin quilt on my table ~ oh the gouges my children make when they're writing with nothing behind the page to protect the table underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh I realllllly like this look Tracy...great quilt...looks perfect.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful table cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  25. How cute, Mrs. K! I love vintage things! =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. that is beautiful//love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy