I woke early this morning, and saw Verne and the children off for the day. They hastily grabbed a bite to eat and out the door they went, leaving me alone with my thoughts for an entire day before we start back to school tomorrow. The sunrise was gorgeous out the back door.
We shut the air-conditioning off yesterday, and the breezes coming through the open windows feel and smell heavenly! I don't mind the air being on when it's scorching hot outside, but these days it's been in the low 80's with no humidity. The nights have dipped to the low 60's, and it's perfect for sleeping.
We returned to the coolness of the house, and decided to take a short nap while the house was quiet. She snuggled into the back of my legs while I slept. Neither of us stirred until the alarm sounded.
Time to make supper for my family, for they''ll be returning soon. Grilled pork chops, potatoes, salad, and fresh peach cobbler are on the menu.
I'm glad that you had a nice day! You don't get to many nice breezes in the car...I'm looking forward to that peach cobbler!
ReplyDeleteOh Tracy, your pictures are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI, too have zinnias in our garden, I think I might share those pictures with you also :-)
Thank you for sharing your day,
mari
Tracy,
ReplyDeleteYou are such an inspiration! How do you do it? I tried to make a home cooked meal for my boyfriend (with an apple pie for him and a cherry one for me) and I needed the whole next day to recover; and we don't have children! I stand in awe of your motivation and your commitment to your family life.
Amazing, but I can not imagine a morning alone! You however appear to have made it very quiet and productive.
ReplyDeletePatricia
Sounds like a lovely and productive day and your pictures are spectacular!
ReplyDeleteTracy, what a great post! Your day sounds amazing and the photos are just lovely.
ReplyDeleteI so wish I could come over for that meal. It's one of my all time favorites...peach cobbler? NO Way! I love it! I can't eat pork anymore due to migraines, but I can almost imagine how magnificant your meal was.
By the way, yes my kids had their first kiss on the alter. It was just precious. I hope to post a YouTube of it soon.
No breezes here - yet! But, as always, your photos are fabulous and it's amazing what you've been able to capture on film [or whatever they call it these days!]
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day,
Dallas
Tracy,
ReplyDeleteI just received an award and have passed it on to you on my blog :o)
Blessings,
Dallas
Beautiful pictures Tracy! I`m glad you had a nice day! It`s so nice to be alkone and collect your thoughts from time to time.Blessings!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely day. Your pictures are beautiful, Tracy. I love the flowers and butterflies!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice day to prepare for school! Your dinner sounds like a perfect end to the day!
ReplyDeleteWhat magnificent pictures, and what a wonderful morning!
ReplyDeleteWhen I come to dinner, I'll bring Ginger. She lives just across town! ;)
What lovely scenes from your quiet day!
ReplyDelete~Kelli
Oh, I truly enjoyed this post visiting you along your day--it seemed so lovely. The first picture was beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteHow do you keep your napkins sooo clean?
Julieann
P.S. Kevin loved the Tea--he had so much of it when he was in Georgia last week, that he was missing it...LOL.
What a wonderful day!!!! I enjoyed reading about it probably as much as you enjoyed it. The pictures are beautiful and it made me feel so peaceful and tranquil! Hope school went well!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Tracy,
ReplyDeleteI linked to you through your cooking blog and discovered our blogs have similar names :)! It seems that we have much more in common than the titles and it's great to meet you. Feel free to stop by sometimes.
Rhonda
Beautiful pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to buy cloth napkins to use....
I'm sure that saves on lots of paper waste of napkins and paper towels.
Beautiful pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to buy cloth napkins to use....
I'm sure that saves on lots of paper waste of napkins and paper towels.
how beautiful! you are quite the photographer :o)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had such a wonderful day!