She's been observant of the natural world around her since she was very young. She's watched a caterpillar spin its chrysalis on our fence, and then just happened to be there when the butterfly came out, and she has watched a horsefly lay eggs on the side door through the window pane.
This morning I heard the familiar slam, and then "Mom! There's a praying mantis eating a moth on one of the zinnias." She ran back outside, camera in hand, and watched the poor moth be devoured. Each time I hear that slam I think I should be calling National Geographic or Animal Planet.
My grandson is crazy for bugs!
ReplyDeleteHis Mama...not so much...LOL!
His Nanny...not so much, either!!!
I have a son who was like that when he was young .... he just loved *catching* things and watching them.
ReplyDeleteMy husband even built him a *cage* for his collection of snakes which he wanted to have stay in our basement.
It was OK until one of the snakes literally *stood up* and looked at me one day and then I lost it and out they went!!!
Blessings,
Dallas
Now that is SO very cool. Wonderful pictures!
ReplyDeleteMy children are the same way. We found 2 praying mantis today on the side of the house. They are very neat creatures.
ReplyDeleteMy kids are the same way! Tonight they all huddled on the porch to watch a yellow itchy caterpillar's slow progress across the steps.
ReplyDelete