POWDERED SUGAR!
Yes, sprinkle your surface with a combination of flour and powdered sugar for ease of rolling. This never makes my doughs tough.
This morning I baked some easy and delicious shortbread cookies and packaged them in an adorable tin complete with tissue paper, cookie cutter, and a gorgeous bow.
Then I sent them off with Abigail to her piano lesson. I'm hoping that her English piano teacher will enjoy them with a cup of hot tea!
What a clever idea for a music teacher! My husband loves shortbread cookies. Yum!
ReplyDeletesweet and thoughtful gift. thanks for the pwd sugar tip.
ReplyDeleteClever girl!
ReplyDeleteThe gift is perfect and the tip about the powdered sugar is great!
I will remember that one!
oh Tracy...great idea...those came out so cute...I love the way that you packaged them...mmmmm....they sound good with a cuppa something hot....
ReplyDeleteDeby
The shortbreads look very cute.
ReplyDeleteIf I were her piano teacher I would surely enjoy them with a freshly brewed cup of tea!
those looks so yummy.
ReplyDelete------------
wanted to stop by and wish you and yours a lovely Christmas.
----------
and to also let you know about my new blog:
www.thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
(I still have my gardengoose blog..this new one is simply geared totally towards gardening)
and wanted to invite you to the Small Town Living forums in case you haven't been by:
www.smalltownliving.ning.com
-----------
Have a great Holiday.
An *excellent* tip, thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteAnd those cookies are soooo CUTE.
What a fab gift idea Tracy, I love it! Thanks for the tip too, I will remember that one! :)
ReplyDeleteThese are wonderful... what a delightful idea!
ReplyDeletePatricia
What a neat idea. These cookies are adorable!
ReplyDeleteVery clever and *sweet*, in more ways than one :o)
ReplyDeleteThat is a great idea. Thanks so much for the tip:)
ReplyDeleteRenee