builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1a
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Emma
Being sick leaves plenty of time for resting, and resting leaves plenty of time for movies. Long movies. Abigail and I enjoyed BBC's 2009 version of Emma on YouTube the other evening. It was excellent, and you can begin watching here.
You are the 2nd person that has highly recommended this so I am looking forward to watching it with my DH sooner than later as we love Jane Austen's stories :o)
Oh thank you! This will come in handy as we have locked ourselves in our house as the flu is going around and we leave in 7 days (God willing) for a trip to Israel and do NOT want to get sick!
I clicked the link for Emma and now I have a new favorite show. I had never heard about it before but it is AWESOME!!!!!! I can't wait to read the book.
Thank you for the recommendation!! I LOVE BBC adaptions. I have the Pride and Prejudice one on DVD and watch it often. I got the chance to watch the first bit of the first episode of this and I am hooked!! DH and I will be booking computer time off each other!! LOL
Oh we enjoyed it so much Tracy! Lindsay, Emily and I decided it is our favorite version of Emma! We have an old BBC TV version, a 1994 BBC TV version, and the 1994 Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow. This is the BEST! Thanks for the heads up Friday. We stayed up way too late watching! We will watch again soon!
You are the 2nd person that has highly recommended this so I am looking forward to watching it with my DH sooner than later as we love Jane Austen's stories :o)
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling better soon. Emma is such a wonderful book. I bet the movie is good, too.
ReplyDeleteOh thank you! This will come in handy as we have locked ourselves in our house as the flu is going around and we leave in 7 days (God willing) for a trip to Israel and do NOT want to get sick!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
I clicked the link for Emma and now I have a new favorite show. I had never heard about it before but it is AWESOME!!!!!! I can't wait to read the book.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the recommendation!! I LOVE BBC adaptions. I have the Pride and Prejudice one on DVD and watch it often. I got the chance to watch the first bit of the first episode of this and I am hooked!! DH and I will be booking computer time off each other!! LOL
ReplyDeleteFeel better soon
Blessings
Amy
Thanks Tracy! I had seen another version and didn't like it at all. This one was wonderful! We were running out of movies in our sick house too!
ReplyDeleteTracy, I loved the older version of Emma (with Gwyneth Paltrow (?)). Will have to watch this one and compare!
ReplyDeleteOh we enjoyed it so much Tracy! Lindsay, Emily and I decided it is our favorite version of Emma! We have an old BBC TV version, a 1994 BBC TV version, and the 1994 Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow. This is the BEST!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the heads up Friday. We stayed up way too late watching! We will watch again soon!