Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Two Purposes


I'm busy making this blanket for Abigail to keep her warm on these cold nights. Sometimes working on a project serves two purposes, and if one of them is to keep myself warm then I'm all for progress. That's not too selfish, is it?

14 comments:

  1. I, too, am working on a blanket. It certainly comes in handy doesn't it!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always felt the same way when crocheting an afghan for someone else :o)

    By the way, the colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a plan to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it is too selfish, quilters everywhere are guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when an afghan gets big enough to keep me warm while crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful colors... are these colors in Abigails' bedroom???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mimi,
    She has muted versions of these colors in her room, but I figure there's no harm in some bright accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bright colors are fun! My girls enjoy them in their room!

    I am working on a shawl and it is a way to keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is the blessing of working on something like this...I like your choice of colors, Tracy.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got a red wool shawl underway here. Of course, I'm at the point of trying to decide whether I am done, or if I need to add another half skein. Drat. I guess I need to go look at the forecast for the next week, eh? ;-)

    Right there with you Tracy...right there with you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not selfish at all - it looks so nubby an cozy. I like the color combo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not selfish. And very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy