Saturday, February 27, 2010

A King Arthur Giveaway!


February 19th marked 3 years of blogging for me, and to celebrate I'm teaming up with the wonderful folks at King Arthur Flour for a giveaway. I'm so excited for each of you who have a chance to win!

As you all know, I love to cook, and especially to bake. Several months ago I checked the King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion out of the library, and started trying recipes. Everything I've tried so far has been very good. I was thrilled when the King Arthur folks told me that they would help me by donating not only the Baker's Companion, but also a selection of back issues from The Baking Sheet.

All you have to do to enter to win is leave a comment telling me what your favorite baked good is. It's that easy. Everyone is welcome to enter, even international readers! Please make sure you leave a valid email address or link to a blog so that I may contact you if you are the winner.

I'll leave comments open until Wednesday, March 3rd at 11 PM, Eastern time. The winner will be announced on Thursday, the 4th of March.


Comments are now closed.

89 comments:

  1. Frozen Anzac Cookies would be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade bread is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cinnamon buns, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No question about it ~ cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite would have to be Tiramisu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I'm going sweet, probably chocolate cake..but over all its got to be my mom's homemade bread. Mine just isn't as good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite would have to be old-fashioned buttermilk biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Tracy! What a wonderful giveaway - I'd be thrilled to win that!
    I've been doing mainly gluten-free baking lately, so nothing is really my favorite, so much. I made a good batch of blueberry-teff muffins this week, so that's what stands out for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd be thrilled to win your give-away as I'm really just getting into baking. My favorite baked good isn't all that exotic-it's brownies. I've never met a brownie that I didn't like! The most wonderful thing about them is that variations are almost unlimited.
    Blessings, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, so cool Tracy!!!

    I LOVE brownies and if there's nuts in them it's even better!

    congrats on your blogging anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am having a love/hate thing with pound cake lately...Love it love it...hate that for something so simple that it can be so hard to make sometimes! Anyone have a foolproof recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sour Cream pound cake is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had never used their flour until I was at a Pampered Chef party and the consultant told us about it. Prior, I always bought store brand, but now I use KA's all the time!!

    Cookies would be my favorite baked item - any kind of cookie!! :)

    Congrats on 3 years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea, Tracy! Thank you. My favorite would have to be any kind of artesian bread.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! I've been in love with King Arthur for so many years! :) That just sounds really weird now that I'm soon to be married.... ;)

    Let me see....my favorite baked good? There are so many to choose from, so I'll go with my current favorite: Flourless Chocolate Cake.

    What a wonderful giveaway! Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just one? Well, I guess my very, very favorite would be our homemade brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just one favorite baked good? I'd have to say chocolate chip cookies. No, wait, cupcakes. No, brownies. Definitely brownies. No, no, no...banana nut bread. Yes, that's it. YUM! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love making homemade bread for my family.
    Thanks for the giveaway!
    ~Jenny~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I use King Arthurs Whole Wheat White Flour all the time (it's a mild-flavored winter wheat) and I love to make 100% Whole Wheat Honey Bread from it.

    www.brambleberrycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Muffins! Any kind of muffin, but if it has chocolate... all the better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. French Breakfast Puffs from the Better Homes Cookbook. However, we call them "Sugar Muffins" in our house! Everyone is happy when sugar muffins show up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. There is a no knead yeast bread I learned to make as a girl scout from my best friends mother. It makes a lovely sandwich loaf, but somewhere along the way I started buttering and salting the crust as it baked. It is such wonderful scrumptious, hot out of the oven bread.. and my boys can make it easily when we get a craving for it. If I had to choose, this would probably be the number one fave, although, almost any baked good is a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. cookies. plain and simple. cookies.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tracy ~ Congratulations on hitting the 3 year mark! Sometimes it's hard to believe we've all been blogging for so long.

    You're killing me with this impossible question - lol. I'm going to go with French bread. (argh - I can't believe I'm not picking something chocolate!)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Any kind of bread will due for me...muffins, bread, coffee cake. My new favorite... scones!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mine would definitely be "Congo Squares." I'm sure there are other names for them, but they're like a blondie with chocolate chips and pecans in them!

    Happy blogaversary! :) Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It is hard to choose one thing but I do enjoy baking bread. Thanks for doing the giveaway! I enjoy your blogs- your photos are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would have to say that I really love homemade bread, but there are so many great baked goods....hard to choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Chocolate chip cookies followed closely by cinnamon rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You can't go wrong with chocolate-chip cookies or whole-wheat bread!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love almond pound cake! :o)
    ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  33. My favorite cookies are called "yo-yos". They are like melting moments but contain custard powder instead of plain cornstarch. Even Nathan enjoys them, and he's usually only 'into' choc-chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think that Hello Dollies is one although it hardly counts. Then I just love homemade bread od ANY kind. King Arthur is my favorite catalog. It is a wonderful company! Thanks for the giveAway. I feel lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'd have to say French Bread. (What a fun thing to do in honor of your blogging ~ Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Mine would have to be brownies! Followed closely by just about any kind of cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy anniversary! I love herb cheese bread. I think I need to make some today.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This question is so hard to answer!
    But right now I'm in a cinnamon-roll-phase, so that's my favorite one for now.
    XX
    Marilene

    ReplyDelete
  39. Baking Powder biscuits.

    recipe here:
    http://sgrbearskitchen.blogspot.com/2007/06/baking-powder-biscuits_14.html

    AWESOME with sausage gravy. AWESOME DAWESOME with honey and butter.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is going to sound so simple, but I LOVE Chocolate Chip cookies! Baked or unbaked, I can't decide which is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. A batch of gluten free brownies currently sings to me from my pantry.

    But really, it is a croissant warmed with raspberry jam that warms my heart as well as my belly. I don't have them very often because they're just so unhealthy, but that is definitely the treat I long for.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I have many favorites, but I really love home made whole wheat bread fresh from the oven with butter:-)

    ReplyDelete
  43. My favorite baked good is Banana Bread

    ReplyDelete
  44. One of my favorite cakes is Chocolate Mousse Torte with raspberry filling. It is rich, yet light at the same time. So delicious! Thanks for the chance to win. Sarah in New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  45. My Grandmas peach pie...her crust was unforgettable. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  46. Congratulations on your blogging anniversary! Thanks to you and King Arthur for the great giveaway! Back issues of The Baking Sheet sounds very interesting.

    My favorite baked good has to be cookies. (I like them way too much, in fact.)

    I seldom comment but I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Just ONE? LOL...

    Pecan Pie. Made with dark corn syrup and brown sugar. And maple flavoring, not vanilla...

    And I loooove cookbooks. Especially ones about baking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. I drool every time I get a new King Arthur catalog! My favorite baked good would have to be a good ol' fashioned Texas sheet cake.

    ReplyDelete
  49. at the moment, brownies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  50. My favorite baked good would have to be shortbread cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Homemade bread would HAVE to take top place - any type is fine, whole wheat, white, focaccia, Italian, French ...... all great :) And thanks for encouraging international comments/entries. Di in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  52. Buttermilk biscuits or brownies. I don't think I can choose!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oh the choices! Pies, cinnamon rolls....fresh home made bread. Choco chip cookies......

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Chocolate chip cookies

    ReplyDelete
  55. yea on 3 years!! Favorite is a toss up between biscuits and homemade bread. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Ooh! I love making macarons and other pastries, or carrot cake because it's Joel's favorite, or chocolate mud cake with mascarpone and ganache. Yum! Anything homemade and baked is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  57. pumpkin bread, banana bread, zucchini bread... What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hi Tracy,
    I really like an old time food called "Poppy Seed Rolls." They bring back fond memories of my childhood and are along the lines of your Hungarian rolls. These are such a special treat during the Christmas season and take me back to my childhood over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love bread, all kinds!

    Jen in OK

    ReplyDelete
  60. My husband's chocolate chip cookies! However, I love bread of any kinds and love to experiment baking different kinds.

    Great giveaway and congratulations on your 3 years of blogging! And just look at all these comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Pie! Chocolate Cream especially!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I like anything baked. :-)

    I'm gonna go with pumpkin bread for this one, though!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake would be my delight!
    Love your site Alice Harris

    ReplyDelete
  64. Pumpkin bread! I love the smell of cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin.
    Blessings,
    Michelle Bibby

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love making yeast rolls! Yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. COOKIES!! love ,love, love 'em!
    tammyp= teapitts at bellsouth dot net

    ReplyDelete
  67. Oh ... favorite baked good? So hard to know. Homemade bread is definitely a possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies! And congratulations on 3 years of blogging Tracy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Congrats! My favorite baked good is orange sugar cookies that the lady who cared for my great grandma used to bake. Soft and warm from the oven with a drizzle of orange glaze . . . MMMMMMMMMMM

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  70. Oh, I'd love this! I'm in the mood right now for lemon bars. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  71. Congratulations on your blogging anniversary! My favorite baked treat is pie!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  72. Peppernuts at Christmas is definitely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  73. I absolutely love making cinnamon buns, biscuits, everything! Baking is my true passion in life!

    Email: Eco.on.the.Go@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  74. How can I choose?
    Alright, I'll choose cinnamon rolls, which I made for breakfast this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Thanks, Tracy, and congratulations on three years of blogging! My favorite baked good is pie with a homemade crust and filled with cherries from my mother's tree, flavored with just a bit of almond extract...yummmm! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  76. Somehow I missed the "leave your favorite baked goods" part of this, so heres the link to one of mine-
    http://crabapple-kitchen.blogspot.com/2008/09/garlic-romano-italian-bread.html

    You can delete my other comment and just use this one if you like- don't want to accidentally be entered twice!

    ReplyDelete
  77. What a fun give away! I love zucchini bread!

    myers.792@osu.edu

    ReplyDelete
  78. i love looking at your food pictures. everything always looks delicious. my favorite thing to bake are snickerdoodles. :) even the name makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Chocolate chip cookies. I thought I perfected my recipe then my 12 years old topped me.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Umm...Yes. That would be everything. I gues if I absolutely have to say, it would be yellow cake with chocolate icing. or cookies. or maybe Eclairs...

    ReplyDelete
  81. I have a recipe for red velvet fudge brownies with marbled frosting. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Cheesecake!
    Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Congratulations on your anniversary. I always enjoy reading your blog.
    How can I choose just one favourite recipe??? I like cooking with yeast - all sorts of bread and cakes and in particular Chelsea Buns.
    Thanks for giving your international readers a chance to win.
    Liz B in UK

    ReplyDelete
  84. Chocolate bundt cake with a chocolate ganache dripped over it!

    ReplyDelete
  85. I'm so glad I'm not too late to enter this! I love baking in general but nothing is better than the smell of bread baking! Of course sweets are always good too - I love anything with rhubarb.
    Deanna
    dmfitzpatrick16 @ rangers.nwosu.edu

    ReplyDelete
  86. Your blog has been such a blessing to me over the last few years. You may never know the days I was feeling down or needed encouragement in homemaking, and read one of your posts that gave me that much needed "lift" and encouraging Word to carry me thru my day. Thank you!

    My favorite baked good is fresh bread. Any kind. Just as long as it's filled with carbs and it's aroma fills the house :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy