Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cherry Almond Scones


It's such a simple thing to come up with scone variations once you have a basic recipe that you like. This morning's creation was a huge success. Some younger people thought that cherry meant that the scones should be pink. Easy enough; I just added a bit of maraschino cherry juice to the confectioners sugar for a quick glaze. Yummy, and pretty!


8 comments:

  1. One of your best variations yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmm, those look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They looks so pretty and yummy! I'll have to remember the cherry juice trick.
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you please post this recipe? I searched here and at Mama's Fixins and can't locate it. I did find the pumpkin and blueberry ones, but if that was your base recipe did you take the pumpkin or blueberry out? Thanks for your help...recipe looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deanna,

    I've added the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love scones, not to mention cherries and almonds. I'm heading over to Mama's Fixins right now for the recipe.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy