Friday, March 5, 2010

Photo Challenge: Circles

This week's challenge lay mostly in limiting what to take pictures of. There are circles everywhere!



The above photo brings a smile to my face. This is a little "snack bar" that Collin has set up on his dresser. At least it isn't filled with candy! I love the graininess of the photo; I think it was caused by the sinking late afternoon sun.



Autumn's kitty, Casper, can be found wherever there is yarn. He makes it quite difficult to work on projects.



My sweet little Daisy with the pearls in her eyes. Her blindness doesn't stop her from
being playful, and she has one of her balls with her almost constantly.



Autumn


The majority of the photos that I post are untouched, but I thought it would be fun to change things up a bit this week. I took a picture of my grapefruit the other morning, and played with Picnik. It's quite fun!


This one was edited on Picnik, also.


I almost always have to incorporate food photos. I just. can't. help. myself.


For more circle fun, visit Rebecca at Renaissance.



19 comments:

  1. Snack circles! Who'da thought?! Great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one you played with is to fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I TOTALLY LOVE the one you did of the grapefruit on picnik- it is Super Cool (I personally would be printing it with a matte and a frame for somewhere!) I also loved the snack bar! You're right, my kids would definately have opted for candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the one of the grapefruit and spoon with the sunlight. The snack bowls are neat too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snack bar is fun. You have some great pictures, and I always enjoy looking at food pictures. Thankfully, it's lunch time, so I can go eat. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the creative grapefruit. I have heard of picnik, but never checked it out before. I am off to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Autumn's necklace. Where's it from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun pictures, but I love the one of Autumn - she is a beautiful young woman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE L_O_V_E the bowls and the peanuts. Especially the angel and how it goes from in focus to out of focus. WONDERFULLY done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the picture of Autumn is GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I mean to also say, it reminds me so much of the Vermeer painting, Girl with a Pearl Earring. so classic and serene and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I truly LOVE the manipulated photo. It reminds me of a painting, something that might be hanging in a museum.

    I laughed when I saw Collin's snack tray. Every boy that age must keep a stash in his bedroom; my son has one, too. You never know when a growing boy might get a hankering for something to eat, right?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The picture of Autumn is stunning. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think my favorite is the snack bowls picture. The angle is great. I also think the creative one with the grapefruit and spoon is so fun and interesting. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pictures are lovely, you have a good eye.

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 6 1/2 adopted
    expecting again soon from Ethiopia!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The photo of Autumn is beyond beautiful.

    Great shots, all.

    As usual!

    ReplyDelete
  17. PS. That PICNIK photo is awesome. Does that option come with the free version or the upgraded version? I'd love to experiment with it-but have never noticed it before!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rebecca,
    It's free. It's under the "sandbox" stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful pictures Tracy! Love the grapefruit one and the snack bar one too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy