Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pepperoni Bread

See? Really. I NEED a food blog. This is a well loved recipe. I'll never share one that isn't. What would be the point of that? And it's easy! Really. Many years ago my friend made this for a girl's game night. I had to bug her for a year before she would give it to me. She was embarrassed at just how easy it was. A child can make this.



Pepperoni Bread

Thaw a loaf of frozen bread dough until the size is doubled. On a floured surface , roll it into a 12x18 rectangle.

Combine:
5 Tbls melted butter
1/4 tsp parsley flakes
1/4 tsp season salt
1/4 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp garlic salt

Brush 1/2 mixture over dough.

Spread 2 cups of pepperoni over the dough. (place the pieces side by side, don't overlap.) Sprinkle with 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.

Roll starting at the small end, tucking in the sides as you go. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet with sides. Spread the second half of the butter mixture over the top.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
EASY!

16 comments:

  1. This sounds so yummy. I will have to try it sometime. Thanks for sharing.
    We love pizza here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my family would love this recipe Tracy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be trying this recipe. My husband and I love pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy, yummy, yummy! Guess what I'm putting on my grocery list?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks REALLY good!! I'll have to give this one a try for certain. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm...that looks good! We make homemade pizza and calzones quite often. The kids love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my that looks delicious, Tracy. I'm adding it to my must-try recipes. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so excited when I popped in this morning and found this recipe!

    The office I use to work at was next door to a bakery. Sometimes for lunch we would go over there and buy pepperoni bread and split it for our lunch. It was so delicious! Now, I need to find the cream cheese danish recipe.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree- you DO need a food blog!!!

    This recipe looks sooo good!!! Mr. U would absolutely LOVE this, I know!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! That was so delicious last night! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yumm...that looks really good. I make calzones that look similar but I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this looks so yummy!!

    This is something my family would absolutely love.

    Thanks so much for sharing.

    Trella

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so good - I think my girls would absolutely love this for a lunch treat. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tracy, this bread looks and sounds delicious.....I'll keep it in mind....Thanks, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH, that looks so yummy!! I have some pepperoni in my fridge so I will have to try this recipe!!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  16. Personally I am not sure about the Pumpkin Choc muffins but this bread looks and sounds wonderful.You will need to accompany me on my latest walk after eating all that. Bring a sun hat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy