My ever helpful husband installed shelving in a corner of our walk in closet for my soap business. It has to cure for four weeks before I sell it, and takes a lot of room! Since the door is always closed, the fragrance is very strong every time I walk in there. Not a bad thing! I certainly don't have to buy air freshener.
When I take the soap out of the molds, I trim each bar. I collect the shavings and set them in pretty bowls in different rooms. Easy and economical potpourri!
A bowl of almond shavings:
And there are new soaps in my shop today!
So how does it affect the smell of your clothes in the closet? I thought they were loaves of bread when I looked at the picture!
ReplyDeleteKim,
ReplyDeleteI haven't noticed the smell clinging to my clothes at all! maybe because they aren't touching. I know that many people use soap as sachets in there drawers, and have no problem with that either.
My grandmother always kept soaps in with her clothes. I Know your closet smells good. I love for everything to smell clean.
ReplyDeleteWow,
ReplyDeleteHow cool is that. It's so neat to see all those shelves fulled with soap of all things. °Ü°
I bet your house smells so good, I love the smell of soup, he I think a bar of Caress in the bathroom is the best air freshner. Love the stuff, maybe because we can't get it here.
I bet you folks are alwfully clean people!°Ü°
I've always wondered what people do to store them...gotta say, your plan is ingenius! :-) What a great hubby to help you in your quest to keep a clean, orderly, and organized home (and soap business!)
ReplyDeleteYour husband is so awesome! Is there anything he won't do for you? (I already know the answer to that!!)
ReplyDeleteI love browsing through your etsy shop. I'll have to spend some time there today when the boys are napping! :)
Mmmm - what a lovely idea - chocolate mint clothing one week - almond another - sounds yummy!!
ReplyDeleteOh goodness! I can almost smell it from here! What a great solution, and it's out of the way of everyday goings on, too.
ReplyDeleteI tried crocheting those flowers. Obviously not my thing. I get confused as to which stitch to go into. Oh well.
Have a blessed day, and tell the girls Alaina says "HI". She's missed blogging this week. ;o)
What a clever idea! I LOVE the smell of soap...so fresh and clean!
ReplyDeleteLove, Tina :)
I have to agree with all the others. I absolutely love the smell of soap and have been known to "hide" soap in everyone's drawers and closets all over the house. Of course, when I run out of soap, I can't remember the last place I've put it!
ReplyDeleteI know your house smells amazing right now. I, like you, wouldn't mind one bit if my clothes smelled like the soap I was drying.
Sure sounds like it would smell wonderful!
ReplyDelete~ Christina
I bet your home smells FANTABULOUS! I love the clean smell of soap. The shelving was a smart idea. Jennifer
ReplyDeleteLook at all those soaps! I love the clean whiteness of them.
ReplyDeleteYou have been so busy!! Thanks for the mac & cheese recipe. Can't wait to try it!!
ReplyDeleteWOW. I'd say that your closet smells very good!!
ReplyDeleteOh... I want your closet Tracy!
ReplyDeleteI bet that smells awesome! So nice for your hubby to do that for you.
ReplyDeleteI bet it smells wonderful! I guess it must make it a treat to enter your closet:)
ReplyDeleteI think it's so awesome that you have a soap-making business, Tracy! I've just been browsing the soaps in your Etsy shop. When I have the time, I'd love to follow your steps on here on how to make my own soap. Thank you for sharing such a great skill with us!
ReplyDelete