I've added several new recipes to Mama's Fixins. Boy, I was in the kitchen alot this weekend! While I was grocery shopping on Saturday I decided to take advantage of the peaches that were on sale. I bought plenty and made three Peach Pies, one for dessert after lunch on Sunday, and two for our Sunday evening Bible study. Would you believe that they're all gone?
I also bought some asparagus on sale, and whipped up an impromptu dinner of Farfalle Pasta, Asparagus, and Zucchini. It was delicious, and we finished up the leftovers for lunch today.
Autumn and I also prepared for our Sabbath meal on Saturday evening. We made Randi's Gyros, and homemade pitas. Mmm... All we had to do was place the meat in the oven and set the timer before we left for worship on Sunday morning. We also prepared a green salad to accompany the meal. We had plenty of leftovers, and we ate again tonight.
While we were in the kitchen, I roasted some garlic.
Last but not least, I also made an Orzo Salad that Carrie had on her blog, With All That I've Been Given. I actually made this for dinner last Tuesday, but made another batch for Bible study as well. Everyone enjoyed it and asked for the recipe.
I hope that you'll enjoy these recipes, too!
So, do you sleep? Goodness you've been busy.
ReplyDeleteI've never made homemade pita, was it an easy process? The meat recipe is similar to my father's except he always used lamb rather than pork (we didn't eat pork) and added a smidgen of anise.
Roasted garlic. Oh dear, yum. And hummus. Oh double dear I love that stuff.
I shouldn't be reading about food at almost 11pm my time. You're making me hungry.
all of your kitchen creations look pretty good.
ReplyDeletehope you have a good week this week.
Oh my you have been so busy. My feet are aching in sympathy! Everything you've posted pictures of looks so very yummy. How lucky are all those people who got to eat the peach pies. Mmmmmmm.
ReplyDeleteAll looks delicious and you have been busy!
ReplyDeleteSusan
Tracy,
ReplyDeleteIt looks so good! I love that you are using everything that you buy fresh, and raw. Yay, another family that loves raw food :)
blessings,
mari
My word, you have been cooking up a storm haven't you. Everything looks terrific and is making me hungry. It's almost supper time.
ReplyDeleteI shall have to jot down some of these recipes for future use especially the pitas.
Thanks for sharing.
Everything looks wonderful, Tracy! I haven't made roasted garlic in a long time...thank you for the reminder!
ReplyDelete~Kelli
I would love a bit of your energy at this moment...
ReplyDeletethe hummus, looks delicious, it is sure a favorite of mine..actually EVERYHTING looks wonderul Tracy...and yummm-o....the peach pie...I will take mine ala-mode...
~~Deby
I've been meaning to make homemade pizzas for while now and was excited to see the pita recipe. Did you find them easy to make-because yours turned out quite perfectly!
ReplyDeleteLady Jane and Jessica,
ReplyDeleteThe pitas actually were quite easy to make. And so... inexpensive!
The secret to making them puff, I believe, and thus actually having a pocket inside is the resting of the dough after dividing it into the 12 pieces, and after rolling the discs out. Admittedly, I didn't let it rest the first time I tried them, and I had to cut them to make pockets in them. They were still delicious, but more flat-bread-ish than pita-ish!
Yum! It all looks SO good! I think I need to make a grocery list. :)
ReplyDeleteVery interesting recipes! Everything looks yummy. Seeing your beautiful garlic cloves made me feel SO sorry I can't stand garlic ever since I got pregnant. I normally love garlic!
ReplyDeleteTracy, everything looks scrumptious! You were busy but I bet your family was happy. ;-)
ReplyDeleteWow, can I come over for dinner? Hee. Hee. Everything looks delicious as usual! =)
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative in the kitchen! I am envious... my husband would be envious. ;)
ReplyDeletePatricia
Everything looks delicious Tracy!
ReplyDeleteWhere do you get all the energy? :o)
I love eating on a budget, and I love all of the recipes you shared- thank you! I'm drooling now...
ReplyDeleteyes, ma'am I would like to come to your house for dinner.
ReplyDeletei will eat anything. i promise.
Wow you were busy!! :)
ReplyDeleteWe love hummus, especially my 4yr old daughter! We usually have it with carrot and celery sticks.
Feel free to come by and cook for us hehe.
Bev
I am going to have SO much FUN going thru your recipes!! I love your pics, too. Have you been sewing long? I would really like to learn to make some skirts/dresses because they are so hard to find (nice ones) and those that grab my eye are usually quite costly! Usually it costs more to make clothing than buy outright, but in this case it may work out since it's hard to find what I want. =)
ReplyDeleteThat hummus looks tasty indeed!
ReplyDeleteMany blessings...