Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Deal of the Day

Our grocery bill has been skyrocketing each week, and I've been careful to stick to a list because of it. This morning after piano, Abigail and I ran to Kroger for just a few items. Usually I choose Wal*mart because my dollar seems to stretch farther there. While we were walking the aisles, looking only for what was on our list, I noticed a small sign on an end cap. Kroger brand oatmeal was listed as 2/$1! I told Abigail we would get a few and take them to the register. If the price wasn't wrong, we'd get more.

We did get more. Twenty-six boxes in all. For $13! This isn't advertised in this week's circular, so you may want to make a stop in to your local Kroger and check for yourself.



12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the "heads up" Tracy!! I LOVE those sorts of unexpected deals!! I'll be sure to run by Kroger and pick some up....that is if there's any left;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I guess it's safe to say you guys like oatmeal?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That's a lot of notebooks! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great deal...I have been trying to deepen my pantry as some say too....gotta love those deals.
    ~Deby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to go into our City Market (also a Kroger store) but no such luck on that deal. I am jealous of your tower of oatmeal. I love the maple and brown sugar flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful. Being in Calif. i don't think we have a Kroger.(?)
    Good job. I love the title of your blog--so true isn't it?
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I love your pyramid. That is a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Amazing deal...unfortunately we don't have that store in Canada ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow! That is a great deal! We love Kroger Peaches and Cream. *sigh* Unfortunately Bi-Lo pushed them out of town in the south of our state, so since we moved ... no more Kroger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a deal! Wish we had a Kroger here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me and leave a comment. Blessings,
Tracy