builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1a
Monday, August 3, 2009
Better Biscuits
Mac loves biscuits, and Ashley makes great ones. When using her recipe, mine didn't turn out quite as high as hers did, but I had great success with these.
ROFL, it took a while for the picture to come up and I was NOT expecting scones!!!!! Biscuits, to me, are your cookies but I am so wired to the day I've had that I didn't even think about it.
I have finally had success with scones when I don't rub in the butter, as traditional recipes require. I melt it and mix it with the milk and go from there as usual.
mmmmmm....they sure look good to me..and neat that Ashley seems to be fitting in so well....and has the homemaking skills that Mac will reap the benefit of.... I am in awe... deby
Best and easiest recipe ever for high, flaky biscuits?
2c self-rising flour (no, it doesn't matter what brand!) 1c whole milk 1/2 stick butter, melted.
Mix all ingredients together with a fork. Dump the dough out onto a floured counter, pat it out to about 1/4-1/2 inch thickness, and cut. Put on a foil lined cookie sheet, and bake for 10min at 500degrees F. They don't seem to work as well in gas ovens, though. Just a heads up on that, btw...
This makes about 7-8 biscuits (depends on how thick/big you make your rounds). I always double it, for breakfast eating.
A great biscuit is a gift from God--especially first thing in the morning, slathered with fresh butter, and sweet homemade jam (strawberry? Blackberry? Peach-strawberry? We've got 'em all).
And a good, reliable biscuit recipe is a thing to be treasured. And handed down. And around, lol.
Glad Mac seems to have found a young woman who appreciates a good biscuit recipe!
ROFL, it took a while for the picture to come up and I was NOT expecting scones!!!!! Biscuits, to me, are your cookies but I am so wired to the day I've had that I didn't even think about it.
ReplyDeleteI have finally had success with scones when I don't rub in the butter, as traditional recipes require. I melt it and mix it with the milk and go from there as usual.
They look melt in your mouth yummy.
ReplyDeleteSusan
yummmmmmmmmm what a way to start my day...they look so good :)
ReplyDeletemmmmmm....they sure look good to me..and neat that Ashley seems to be fitting in so well....and has the homemaking skills that Mac will reap the benefit of....
ReplyDeleteI am in awe...
deby
Thanks for introducing me to that site. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI am not a good biscuit maker! I checked out the sight you linked to, and I think I do everything wrong except I don't add sugar to biscuits!
ReplyDeleteI don't use White Lily flour, I don't use real buttermilk, I don'use lard...I may have to get the ingredients and give it a go....
Lucky Mac -
Best and easiest recipe ever for high, flaky biscuits?
ReplyDelete2c self-rising flour (no, it doesn't matter what brand!)
1c whole milk
1/2 stick butter, melted.
Mix all ingredients together with a fork. Dump the dough out onto a floured counter, pat it out to about 1/4-1/2 inch thickness, and cut. Put on a foil lined cookie sheet, and bake for 10min at 500degrees F. They don't seem to work as well in gas ovens, though. Just a heads up on that, btw...
This makes about 7-8 biscuits (depends on how thick/big you make your rounds). I always double it, for breakfast eating.
A great biscuit is a gift from God--especially first thing in the morning, slathered with fresh butter, and sweet homemade jam (strawberry? Blackberry? Peach-strawberry? We've got 'em all).
And a good, reliable biscuit recipe is a thing to be treasured. And handed down. And around, lol.
Glad Mac seems to have found a young woman who appreciates a good biscuit recipe!