Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Sewing



I've been on a sewing kick lately. I made myself a jumper, but it is too big. I need to take it back apart and cut it down. Sigh. I made curtains for the dining room. I was very pleased with them. Now, I am working on an apron for Autumn. She doesn't have one of her own, and needed/wanted one for a work day at church. ( More about that later. ) So far, I'm very excited with how it is turning out. She picked the fabric, and I picked the style. Very cute! I'll post a picture when it is done.

The other day as I was checking out Homeliving Helper, I found this old home economics video. It was funny, but charming. And, I did learn a few things. You may want to check it out.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm glad to see you're sewing, too! I would love to see pictures. Ripping out is the pits, isn't it? I had to do that with a sleeve today. This material is so slippery that the machine kept grabbing the sleeve and bunching it up.
I tried to get the picture to enlarge and I couldn't. I don't know why some will and others won't, do you? If there is some trick to it I would love to know.
I borrow my hubby's work camera so I will try to get another closer picture of the embroidery. It is a vine with lazy daisy stitches and french knots. I don't think I did as well on that part, but Alaina is happy.:-)

Tracy said...

Karen, yes, ripping out is the pits. Especially on fabric where the stitching isn't even noticable.

I don't know how to enlarge the pictures either, sorry. Oh, but the embroidery sounds so cute!

I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done. Thanks for coming back to visit!