Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Marriage Meme

1. Where/How did you meet?Card Suits: Hearts Art by Judy Kaufman
We went to the same high school, but Verne was two years older than me. I was quiet, he was very popular. I threw him out of the library during study hall once. It didn't phase him. During my senior year, I was working at a restaurant, and Verne came in with a friend. He said, "Who's the new waitress?" to which the friend replied, "Tracy. Why?" Verne responded, "Because I'm going to marry her!"

2. How long have you known each other?
20 years in October

3. How long after you met did you start dating? Immediately!

4. How long did you date before you were engaged? about 5 mos.

5. How long was your engagement? 18 months

6. How long have you been married? almost 18 yrs.

7. What is your anniversary? August 5

8. How many people came to your wedding reception? about 350

9. What kind of cake did you serve?A big beautiful white cake with two fountains!

10. Where was your wedding? in a church

11. What did you serve for your meal? Roast beef, ham, chicken, potatoes, vegetables, salad, rigatoni, rolls, etc.

12. How many people were in your wedding party? 13 including us

13. Are you still friends with them all? no

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? No

15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
"I now pronounce you man and wife!" and the kiss (0:

16. Any funny moments? Yeah..Verne had trouble getting my ring on my finger.

17. Any big disasters? No

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Niagara Falls, Canada

19. How long were you gone? four or five days

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? It would be smaller

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?The right when we are laying in bed, the left if you're looking at it

22. What size is your bed? Queen

23. Greatest strength as a couple?
Our foundation in Christ. We're best friends!

24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Being apart when Verne is travelling for work

25. Who literally pays the bills? Verne makes the money!

26. What is your song? We don't really have one, but if I had to say one I Love the Way You Love Me, by John Michael Montgomery

27. What did you dance your first dance to? Groovy Kind of Love by Phil Collins

28. Describe your wedding dress: Short sleeved, white satin, pearls, long scalloped train

29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? lilies

30. Are your wedding bands engraved? yes, with our initials and wedding date

31. How old were you when you got married?I was 18, and Verne was 21.

I read this over at Tina's blog. Hope that you enjoy it!

9 comments:

Karen said...

I enjoy reading these "memes". I just don't know how you're supposed to pronounce that word! Is it mee-mee, or meme, as in seem? ;op
It's fun getting to know our blogging buddies better.

Tracy said...

Karen,
Very good question! I have no idea how to pronounce this word!

****** said...

Sounds like: "MEEM"
That's how ya say it girls!

Tracy said...

Thank you, Tina!

Christie Belle said...

Oh, I enjoyed this one. I love getting to know more about you:) You and Verne have a very sweet story!

Anonymous said...

I love your story!

I'll be posting my 'marriage meme' on my blog today...thanks for the tip!

Lori said...

I like this Marriage Meme.
I'm going to play along and do this one too.
I will post mine probably next week sometime.

Thanks for sharing. It was fun to learn more about you and your husband.

What does that word Meme mean?? Anyone know?

Mrs. Anna T said...

Oh, cute :) I hope I can write something like this too someday!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, you mentioned you were 18 and Verne was 21 when you married. My daughter and her beau will most likely be 18(almost 19) and 20 when they marry. Any words of wisdom?