Monday, May 21, 2007

Laughter

I know that many, many of you will not find this funny, or even "get" it, but I couldn't stop laughing when I found this on Blog and Mablog the other day. I'm still laughing!


Edited to Add: Well, two of six people have said that they don't get this cartoon. I expected this. I don't mind explaining, if you don't mind reading. I am a reformed Christian. If you have studied the Reformation, you know that Martin Luther rose up against the Catholic church, and wrote a thesis. Reformed Christians follow the teachings of Martin Luther and John Calvin. That is to say that we are against a doctrine that says that we must do anything to be saved. We believe that God is in control. No one desires to seek after God on their own, but rather the Holy Spirit changes our hearts so that we can desire God. Left to ourselves we would never choose. It is only by God's grace that we are saved. Some people think that they can resist God. We do not believe that. God is supreme. The creature is NEVER greater than the Creator. God's grace is irresistible. If he really wants us to be saved, he will make us desire to be saved, thus not being able to resist Him. In the acronym TULIP, each letter stand for one of our beliefs. The *I* is for irresistible grace. To read more about this you can go here.

8 comments:

Trella said...

That is hilarious!!

Lori said...

Funny stuff.

Ash said...

Soooo... ummm, I don't get it, but that is alright. I will take your word that it is funny... lol. I love your new blog look by the way. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

*grin*

Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

This one is REALLY cute!! Thanks for sharing! LOL

Barbara said...

Like your new template.Very cheery. Do please explain the joke - USA and Brit. humour are so different.

Momma Roar said...

I always like a good laugh!

Rhonda in Chile said...

That is so funny! I soooooo get it!

R