Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving was a wonderful day shared with family and friends. Dinner was good, but the fellowship was better.

The day after Thanksgiving, I woke and the house was clean, and we had plenty of leftovers for dinner, so I got to attend a craft show without thinking about all of the other things that I should be doing. What a blessing!

I've long been researching making cold-process soap, and there were two ladies at the craft show who were selling it. Much to my delight, they were happy to hear of my interest and talked freely of the process, and happily answered my questions. This morning, I ordered my supplies. I often think I should have been a pioneer woman, but then again, I would have had to drive the team to town to fetch my supplies instead of sitting at my computer and ordering off of the internet. Since I hate to drive, I guess the internet is better. ;0)

Back to yesterday. Collin was very ready to have the house decorated for the Christmas season, and offered his assistance to retrieve the boxes full of goodies from the attic. Around 7:30 last night I gave in. We got the boxes down, the house decorated, and the boxes put back up by midnight. I'm so glad that I have children who are old enough to help!




I gave Collin and Autumn tasks, and they did them well. Abigail was busy cleaning her room, and setting up her own little Christmas tree. She loves to fall asleep while staring at the lights.

I'm glad that the decorating is done. Now I can get on to the baking, menu planning, and other fun stuff!









Today was a day for catching up on laundry, lounging, and sewing. I even got to take a cat nap. And Chester slept with me. Autumn decorated her dollhouse, as she does every year. Verne and Collin hung the outside lights, but a picture will have to wait as it has started to rain. Abigail supervised, and made the guys hot chocolate. Mac had to work, as he did last night.






I have to tell you how it tickled me the other night, when out of nowhere, my eldest son, Mac announced that one of his favorite things about Christmas was the mistletoe hanging in the doorways. You can be sure that he got a kiss when he came home last night! And I got many from my husband, Verne, during the whole decorating process.


It sure is a fun time of year!

12 comments:

Gena said...

It sounds like you've had a wonderful weekend. I love Christmas! It is my favorite time of the year. We're getting the trees put up and the inside decorated. I haven't done the outside yet since my big son no longer lives at home to help me. Hubby has been out of town since EARLY this morning, so some things will just have to wait.

I can't wait to hear about your soap making adventure. That is something that I would love to try some day.

Kelli said...

Awww..I love the last picture of you and Mac. We hang mistletoe at our house too. :0)
It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and how wonderful to have the decorating done! We have our boxes down and can't wait to get started!
Kelli

Tracy said...

Kelli,
Actually the last picture is of my husband, Verne, and me. Mac is my oldest son, which was why I was surprised to hear him say that he likes the mistletoe. OF COURSE Verne loves the mistletoe!!!

Stacie said...

Hey Mrs. K,
We've already decorated for Christmas too! It is so much fun! I can't wait until Christmas!

Ruth said...

Awwww! That's great. I will try not to be envious that your house is now decorated. That picture of you and Mac is great. I love your header picture on your page, too. Have a great Sunday!!

Ruth said...

Oh...lol! I meant to say you and Verne under the mistletoe!! Sorry!!

Beck said...

That DOES sound like a wonderful weekend!
We decorate for Christmas gradually - since I'm lazy and not for any better reason. Now I'm feeling like getting all of our decorations up, too!

Rebecca said...

WOOOO HOOOOOOOO! Now THAT is one FINE looking picture (the last one!) I Love it!

I have never had mistletoe in my house but if I get smooches like THAT from my hubby-I am going out for some at the break of dawn tomorrow!

So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving...and that you have so much to be thankful for!

I am going to try and get our decorating done this week too.

Anonymous said...

coming to your blog is like coming home to a big hug, tracy. (((you)))

how cute that mac likes the mistletoe - but oh so thankful that it's you and verne who are taking great advantage of it. ;o)

Lori said...

OH how sweet. Love that pic of you and your hubbie under the mistletoe.
We need to hang up some mistletoe.

Glad you hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

We have our tree up too.

Love your new blog design.

Karen said...

We've been doing that, too. I was going to do Boomama's tour of Christmas, but I think I'll just post pics of the house later in the month. You and Verne look so cute! Love the header picture too! Is that in your home?

Tracy said...

Karen,
Yes, the header picture is my Christmas tree.