Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Black Bean Burritos

This was tonight's supper. I made them years ago, and then forgot about them. Do you do that too? Collin has been requesting them, and I'm glad. I had forgotten just how easy and good they are. Try them with Tostitos tortilla chips with lime and some salsa as a side!

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 clove garlic, minced
olive oil
lime juice
tortillas
cheese
sour cream

In a large skillet, heat 3 Tbls. Olive Oil. Add garlic and saute until soft. Add black beans. Stir often, until beans are hot. Remove beans from skillet, and place in a food processor. Drizzle with lime juice and puree beans. Serve on warm tortillas with cheese, sour cream, etc.

By the way, I tripled this for a family of seven big eaters! And I forgot to take a picture.

Looking for a way to impress your sweetie on Valentine's Day? Try the recipe for Chocolate Truffles at Mama's Fixins!

post signature

9 comments:

Kelli said...

Mmm..we all love black beans, thank you for the recipe! Yes, I forget favorite recipes too. :0)
Hugs,
Kelli

randi said...

I double or triple most recipes too, especially now that my boys are eating more!

This recipe sounds great and i know it will make its way to our table. Thanks!

Sheri said...

Tracy, I just purchased 6 cans of black beans on-sale. I personally love them! And, it looks like I have all the other ingredients you mentioned on hand. Sounds like a good Friday, meal for the girls and I! Thanks bunches and Happy Valentines Day to you and your special family!

Rebecca said...

Yep, I do it too. Just thought yesterday about a chicken/rice/broccoli/cheese casserole I used to make and forgot about. Oh, and by the way, you are getting really good at soap making. That batch with the pink on them were gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

oh yum, i had forgotten all about black bean burritos. thanks to you, we'll enjoy them again, soon!

Karen said...

These sound so good, but my family does not like beans. I don't fix many things with them in it, but I could fix it for just me! ;o) Thanks for the recipe!

Beck said...

THat sounds SO good! I think we have black beans too... hmmmm...

Cherish the Home said...

I don't like refried beans but I LOVE black beans....I might have to try this, it sounds quite doable.--Thanks!

Happy Valentine's Day!
~Mrs.B

Jodi said...

Sounds good, we love Mexican food! I think we're doing enchiladas tonight. Hot and spicy - lol! ;o)