Friday, February 8, 2008

Show and Tell Friday


Welcome to Show and Tell Friday hosted by Kelli. Join in the fun if you feel inclined to do so!

Since Valentine's Day is next week, my daughter Autumn thought I should show you the gift that my husband gave me five years ago. Normally, when he asks me what I want for Valentine's Day, I say, "Kisses and hugs." (Real ones, not Hershey's.) That particular year, I told him I wanted something pink. He did very well at buying me just the right thing!

On Valentine's Day 2003, he came home with this:

When I opened it, I found this:

a beautiful Kunzite ring!

It is indeed pink! BUT, when the light hits it a certain way, it can look very pale lavender, or almost clear. This isn't a ring that I wear everyday, but I cherish it!

You may click on the images to enlarge them.

post signature

25 comments:

~~Deby said...

What great gift...Beautiful ring.
Deby

Constance said...

OOHHHH very nice! He did really good!
Connie

Cherish the Home said...

Ohhh, it's lovely!! He did a nice job picking it out for you. (o:

Jennifer said...

Oh that's beautiful :o)

nannykim said...

That was cool--my MIL has one similar to that ;-)

Christy said...

You have an awesome husband. i LOVE the ring.

Hootin Anni said...

I'm speechless!!!! Wow.

My Show n Tell is posted, I do hope you can find time to stop by.

Nora Lee said...

What a sweet story. The ring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Sandra

Sondra said...

Lovely ring. You said pink and he did good! Good man you must have.

Susan said...

Lovely, Tracy. I like the rose box, too. Never seen one like that. Neat.
Susan

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful ring. How cute your daughter wanted you to share it.

ellen b. said...

Your hubby did real good. It's great that with just the prompting of something pink he came up with that lovely ring. Enjoy...

Karen said...

That is beautiful, Tracy! I love the oval shape. I also wanted to tell you that I love the soap you've been making, too. I'd like to do that someday.

Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful ring, missy. :o) Your hubby's a keeper, for sure and certain.

Gena said...

So pretty! What a good husband you have.

Connie Marie said...

What a beautiful ring and the stone is gorgeous. I love pale pink.

Barbara H. said...

It's beautiful! How thoughtful of him!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Rachel said...

What a wonderful DH!!! He did awesome! I love it when you praise your DH!

Stacie said...

That is beautiful!

Julieann said...

That was the neatest little box, I have ever seen. The ring is gorgeous! :o)

Julieann

Kelli said...

What a wonderful surprise and *beautiful* ring! Such a delicate color!
Hugs,
Kelli

JEWELGIRL said...

Lovely ring, beautiful thoughts,
thanks for your post!

Hootin Anni said...

Just dropping by today to send along my heartfelt thanks for such a lovely happy birthday wish! Y'all made my day so special, and I cherished every single wish left in my comments. You're a treasure!!! Thank you kindly!!!

mrsjojo said...

WOW! What a sweet post and lovely ring. Your hubby did good!!

Hege Flåt said...

Beautiful!!<3 wow, you're so lucky!