Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lucy and June

The children love to watch classic TV shows such as Leave it to Beaver and I Love Lucy. I love the styles worn by the ladies of that era.



I recently found this pattern for a vintage 1953 dress, and snatched it right up. It took me longer than anything else I've ever sewn, and I was fretting the entire time because the pattern is very fitted. It turned out so cute!

I considered going with navy for the placket and cuffs, but happily settled on white. I'm glad I did. It looks cute alone, but I like it even better with the white belt that I already owned.

I took it as a compliment when I tried it on and Collin got a huge smile on his face as he said, "That looks like a Mrs. Cleaver dress!"

19 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh, I LOVE it! You look wonderful in those colors, Tracy!
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

Very pretty dress, well done! (o:

~~Deby said...

Tracy,
I love it....oh and the vintage style is so in and so feminine...
GREAT job.
Deby

Tracy said...

You've done a great job! You're right, the white is perfect.

Terri said...

It looks wonderful. Good job!

Autumn said...

I think it is lovely.
Maybe you would like to make me a vintage dress too...? =)

Jodi said...

Perfect and charming! Like you, I love those style of dresses. The colors are very fresh and just wonderful for this hot weather. Great job!

Julieann said...

You look absolutely adorable !!!!! You sew beautifully Tracy:)

Good Job.

Julieann

Momma Roar said...

Very cute! And you look GREAT!!

Sheri said...

Tracy, you are amazing! What a beautiful dress and I like the style a lot too. Very feminine.

Happy 4th of July!

Rachel said...

Well done!!!!

Verne said...

You look great Babe as does the dress. As always you did a great job.

Love,
Verne

Beck said...

Adorable! You're so talented!

Abounding Treasures said...

Tracy,

The dress is lovely on you and the colors are so crisp and bright :o)

You did a beautiful job and the fussiness of the project was worth it in the end!

Unknown said...

I love the dress and the color is great on you.
Lisa~

Vicky said...

What a great dress! Your sewing skills are amazing. :) It fits you perfectly!

50s Housewife said...

It's adorable! You are very talented.

Sharon said...

I LOVE it Tracy! We watch a lot of I Love Lucy dvd's and Carissa and I are always commenting on what pretty dresses Lucy and Ethel wear. :)

Shelly G said...

The dress looks so wonderful on you... Very lovely :)