Friday, October 17, 2008

She's So Clever

My Autumn, that is.
First she crocheted a posy. She made a beautiful card, and sewed a button to the front.


She then slipped the center of the posy onto the button. A gift and a card all in one!

After I read the card and she showed me that the flower was detachable, I suggested the she place the button on a pin. So, she removed the button from the card, and hot glued it onto a pin.

Finally, she placed the flower back over the button.The really unique thing is that I can change out the color of the posy to match different outfits! Clever, indeed!



17 comments:

Cyndy said...

Clever and adorable! I love this idea! Mind if I use it?

Tracy said...

Cyndy,
Not at all! Have fun!

Hootin Anni said...

I love to crochet, and I love this idea.

My show n tell is posted...come on over.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Really cute idea!

Jennifer said...

What a great idea :o) I'm still having trouble teaching myself how to crochet. I think I get it, then I don't. So I've just gone back to knitting again until I have the patience to pick up the hook again.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Julieann said...

Thats IS so clever!!! Pretty cute too:)

Julieann

Tracy said...

Well done Autumn!

Abounding Treasures said...

This so cute and a message to Jennifer who posted that she is still having trouble teaching herself how to crochet ~ check out You Tube where I've come across videos people have made that make it really clear to understand :o)

Blessings,
Dallas

Grammy said...

Great ideal. Thanks for sharing it.

Tori Leslie said...

BRAVO!! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

*Very* clever! (o:

Momma Roar said...

Beautiful and thoughtful!!! And clever, yep, very clever!! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Carla said...

How sweet!!!

Susie Homemaker said...

Love this idea! And making it a pin...Fabulous!

Blessings,
Susie

Kelli said...

What a wonderful idea! It's so cute!
~Kelli

Jodi said...

What a cute idea! I think your posy would also look adorable this fall/winter on the brim or side of a hat.

Patricia said...

There's that lovely corcheted flower again! I tried it but mine didn't come out as pretty. sigh...
Patricia