Friday, January 2, 2009

A Burden to Pray

Dear Friends,

I'm often amazed at how blogging connects people from all over the world. Some people truly are friends; we send letters in the mail, and call each other occasionally. Others are mere acquaintances. Still, we touch each other's lives in some way or another, or we wouldn't continue to read.

Not long after I started my blog, I received comments from Anna. I visited her as well, and then sent her a personal email. Long before she disclosed her location, I suspected she lived in Israel. I asked her if it were so. She was truthful, and said "Yes." I also asked her if she was Jewish or Christian. She confided to me that she was Jewish, but wasn't saying anything about her location or religion because she wanted to avoid political issues on her blog. I respected that.

Anna came out about her location and religion last year. Many people have been supportive of her, while others have written extremely rude comments. While it's to be expected from the world at large, it shouldn't be so from Christians.

Ladies, each time I log onto the internet, I read of the terror happening in Israel. My heart fears for Anna and her family. She is due with her first child any day now, and lives in a remote location. I'm asking, Will you please pray with me?


17 comments:

Jean Marie Bibby said...

Yes!

Ginger said...

She has been on my bloglines for a while now, I have been in prayer for her. Will continue to pray.

Ways of Zion said...

We also enjoy reading her blog and she is already in our prayers....I had a rank on my blog? your thoughts?

HISchild said...

Praying in Michigan.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! Praying in Scotland for Anna and her family.

Rachel said...

Yes, Anna, I am praying for you, the safety of your family/friends, and for the safe delivery of your child!!!

50s Housewife said...

I've been reading Anna's blog for sometime and I always enjoy it. I too always think about her little family when I turn on the news and see what's going on in Israel. I'm praying with you.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I visit Anna's blog everyday! I have been praying for her - thanks for the reminder!

~~Deby said...

Oh yes Tracy, I know Anna's sweet blog...I will join you in prayer and also for our military serving there, believe me...there are.
Deby

sherry said...

prayer heavenward <>< continues for dear sweet Anna, her husband, and baby.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...This has happened with the various natural disasters and things I hear about in the news. When I hear of it I think of my bloggie friends who live there and pray for them. (o:

Vanessa Cole said...

Yes, I will join you.

The holidays are over;
January is here.
Just stopping in
To wish you A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Vanessa

Ways of Zion said...

I meant rant not rank! oh dear typing with Sprout makes life interesting!

Kelli said...

I have been praying for her, too!
~Kelli

Momma Roar said...

I will join you! :-D

Mrs. Anna T said...

Oh, dear Tracy, I didn't expect this... how very sweet of you to put this up, and for all the other ladies to join you in prayer on our behalf. Please know that though my husband and I are somewhat concerned, and though we are taking precautions to ensure our safety, we know Who is in control and Who has safely kept us and our fathers, and the fathers of our fathers, over the years. We trust Him, and we know He will not fail His people.

In the meantime, the best thing we can do, I think, is to continue our lives in the way as close to normal as possible, for the sake of healthy, relaxed baby and Mom.

Sharon said...

I'd be honored to pray for Anna and her family.