Saturday, December 19, 2009

Making Me Happy


Christmas break.
Having my husband and children around the dinner table.
A big pot of ham and bean soup, and fresh, hot homemade bread.
Pets that snuggle up with me when the winter nights get cold.



Children who climb into the attic all by themselves to retrieve the Christmas decorations.
Children who decorate, and clean up after they're done.
Children who climb back up to the attic with all of the empty boxes.
( I know, I'm spoiled!)



Freshly fallen snow beckoning the children out to play.
Hot chocolate and marshmallows to warm cold fingers and noses.
Bright eyes and big smiles.


An ironing pile that is almost depleted.
A list of cookies waiting to be baked.
Dim rooms illuminated by Christmas trees.
Candles on the dinner table.

What's making you happy?

3 comments:

Momma Roar said...

A wonderful list Tracy!!!

What makes me happy?
The white view out my window and being at home with my family thsi morning for church since our's was cancelled.

And, the 3 batches of cookies I did yesterday - there's more to go, but I'm happy to have started!!

Anonymous said...

Ham and bean soup would be lovely! I haven't had any in a while!

So glad to have found your blog yesterday evening.

Your post this morning made me feel all warm and cozy!☺

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Lovely list!

My list is; My precious family, Christmas lights adding warmth to rooms, a roaring fire in the wood stove, lunch cooking on the stove, a weekend together as a family....Christmas only 4 days away.