Monday, June 23, 2008

Links List


I've come across a few blogs of interest, and some really different ideas. I thought that you might enjoy them, too!

As a mother of two girls, I love the blog Hair Today. This woman has oodles of creativity. Looking for a cute way to style your girl's hair? Look no further!

Are you hosting a baby shower any time in the near future? This punch is adorable, and would be a great conversation starter. Ooh, ooh! How about substituting little boats for the rubber ducks. That would be perfect for a young boy's party!

And on to more serious topics: Visit Stacy for an interesting read concerning modesty and swimwear.

Be informed! We all know that our skin is our largest organ. I'm becoming increasingly aware as the years go by, not only about what I put into my body, but what I put on it. Do you think that you're saving yourself from skin cancer by using sunscreen? Maybe not. How about your make-up, shampoo, soap, and deodorant? Do you know what's in them? This website is amazing. Simply type in the product that you want to know about and it will tell you how safe it is, and what effects it may have on your well-being. It's a real eye opener!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these links!☺

~~Deby said...

Tracy, thanks for the heads-up on these links, going to the make-up one right now.
Deby
PS
had a precancerous thing removed from my face this year....

Patricia said...

Love the links! The She Does Hair is fabulous... wow. The cosmetic one is scary... Thanks for sharing!
Patricia

Karen said...

Oh! Thanks for the links!

Tracy said...

Lots of fun and lots of food for thought! I love the Hair Today site. Very pertinent with two girls with long hair to care for!

It's good to see some nice bathers coming out that are practical and modest without being daggy!

sherry said...

Thank you for these links, Tracy. I'll be perusing via your blog for a bit. :o)

As to sunscreen, I offer a resounding YES to being oh so careful. Lizzie puts on sunscreen six times in her six hour shifts. Heavy duty lifeguardy product. Good thing.

Cyndy said...

I went to the link that gave ratings for lotions and other body products and looked up some of the things I use...I should drop dead of cancer any day now.
You were right when you said it is an eye opener!

Danielle said...

Good links - I also like this one for modest swimming http://www.dressingforhisglory.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=11_9&zenid=oiie5kj3h822eda38tk14mvh86

Jennifer said...

great sites! they definitely helped my procrastination efforts to avoid laundry ~~ heehee!

Anonymous said...

I love the hair blog!! Thanks so much for sharing. It has given me many ideas for my daughter's hair! ;)

Bev

50s Housewife said...

Oh I can't wait to read them all. Especially the one with hair styling ideas. My girls have gorgeous hair that I really don't know what to do with...