Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Case of Her Own


Can you imagine having to run to your neighbor's house to borrow a pot every time you wanted to cook soup? Me, either. That's why I made Abigail her own crochet hook case. It's so much more fun to work on projects when you have your own tools! She's been diligently picking up her hook and yarn lately, and I thought that deserved a little reward.



I went to my fabric stash and found the perfect candy-inspired fabric in colors that shout, "Abigail!"


And once it was all stitched up, I proceeded to fill it with goodies.


9 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That is perfect!

Tracy, what a sweet and thoughtful Momma you are. That case is wonderful and a great gift!

Danielle said...

What a wonderful gift! Mine is still on my to do list ;0)

Mimi said...

what a great gift for a young lady...

shelia said...

so beautiful! love that fabric. I'm sure that brought a big smile to your daughters face. She is a blessed girl :)

Anonymous said...

That case is so cute! I'm sure she just loves it to pieces! :D

Kind of off subject, but where do you buy your fabric?

Tracy said...

HannaBeth,
I buy fabric at an assortment of places: Walmart, quilt stores, Hobby Lobby, Joann's and Hancock. It just depends where I am. I also have a LOAD of fabric that I inherited from my dad's mom.

~~Deby said...

What a wise and talented mom...the case is just perfect...
Deby

Amelia M.G. said...

that is so darling! it's funny, actually, I first found your blog looking for a pattern for a crochet hook case, and found the post you made about making one for Autumn. what a good mama you are :)

Anonymous said...

This is my first time to visit your blog, and I really love it. I love the case, I just started sewing and doing crochet....and I love it. It's nice to find a blog that has such nice displays of your work and the big plus is you proclaim our Lord.