Saturday, September 12, 2009

Two hours, Two Skirts, Too Late


I often bite off more than I can chew, and leave projects unfinished for indefinite periods of time. It's been especially hectic this year with Autumn getting married and Mac heading off to college.

Earlier in the summer, I cut out three skirts for Abigail. I sat patiently with her while teaching her how to sew the first one, which she is wearing in the above picture. And then my patience wore out, or I got tired, or just plain distracted, and the other two sat on my sewing table. Until today. I got busy, and finished those skirts. What a good feeling! Especially when I saw the smile on her sweet little face.

She already has plans to wear the blue one for worship tomorrow, and the pink one to piano lessons on Tuesday. Now I'm off to see what else I should finish.


4 comments:

Terri said...

Ahhh, those infamous unfinished projects. The skirts are cute and I especially like the blue fabric.

Short Stop said...

I thought you were going to say that she outgrew them before you could finish them. :)

They're gorgeous fabric choices, Tracy!

~~Deby said...

oh those are pretty....
go easy on yourself...you have had much on your plate...I think you are a Super woman already...but...you are human...
and a great mom and wife...
Deby

Jodi said...

Love these fabrics! My projects get piled up waiting for me, too. I told Brittany last night I had it all figured out ... I need three me's (one for cooking, one for sewing and one for nursing)! She convinced me that might not be the solution, after she made me laugh as she weighed all the pros and cons.

I'm glad you got some things cleared off your "to do" list. That's always a good feeling!